Jhunt94 Posted November 1, 2013 Report Posted November 1, 2013 I had a question about my Fi Q 15 and I figured that this would be the perfect place to ask questions related to car audio so I made an account and here I am. I bought a Q 15 with the high QTS option because I have a regular cab F-150 and I intended to run the subwoofer sealed because I couldn't make a very big box without taking out some of the interior. Well after playing around with measurements of the box I built a box that is 3.3 cu ft and is within the numbers recommended by Fi to run the subwoofer ported. Right now the box is sealed but I've thought about putting a port in it. My question is would it sound fine if I decided to port the box or should I keep the box sealed. I saw where someone said that Fi told them it would be alright to but the high QTS sub in a ported, but I don't know if the person really talked to someone from Fi. I'm hoping someone here can help me. 2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside250 Mechman AlternatorSky High Car Audio Big 3 XS Power D3400Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kitRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcpRockford Fosgate T400-4DC Audio Lvl 4 12"Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" componentRockford Fosgate Punch 6x8Pioneer AVH-P2300DVDSMD Volt Meter
SnowDrifter Posted November 1, 2013 Report Posted November 1, 2013 High QTS is for sealed not ported. If you want to port something, do a 4th order not a ported box Besides... 3.3cuft before port displacement, not enough space to run a port anyway. You'd be close to 2-2.5 cuft once your factor in the port. Wayyyyy too small for a 15" ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Jhunt94 Posted November 1, 2013 Author Report Posted November 1, 2013 High QTS is for sealed not ported. If you want to port something, do a 4th order not a ported box Besides... 3.3cuft before port displacement, not enough space to run a port anyway. You'd be close to 2-2.5 cuft once your factor in the port. Wayyyyy too small for a 15" Oh I forgot to mention that measurement was done on a calculator and it was 3.3 after displacement 2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside250 Mechman AlternatorSky High Car Audio Big 3 XS Power D3400Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kitRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcpRockford Fosgate T400-4DC Audio Lvl 4 12"Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" componentRockford Fosgate Punch 6x8Pioneer AVH-P2300DVDSMD Volt Meter
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.