Vic Damone Posted November 2, 2013 Report Posted November 2, 2013 Alright, well here's my problem I purchased a used radio about a few months ago turns out I was getting backward feed cause I confused 2 wires and it was causing horrible distortion at a certain volume and it would cut on and off over and over, so fixed it and it sounded great a little distortion but ok. well just now I went into my car and now normally the issue was it'll start turning on and off at volume 30 but today at volume 19 distortion again and cut off now it won't turn on idk if it is the radio or there's no juice showing through the wires. Fyi all that is done is an aftermarket HU jvc everything else original I bought the car with no radio so that's why I bight a used one I have a new radio for my build but hesitant on install due to the problems please help.
t-money Posted November 2, 2013 Report Posted November 2, 2013 what deck is it? 2002 ford focus hatch pioneer DEH-P8400bh infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear XS Power D1200 Shuriken BT-100 audioque 120.4 2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2 2 audioque 2200d big 3 mechman 220a alt with external regulator 479-418-3056
goldeneye4564 Posted November 3, 2013 Report Posted November 3, 2013 rain recently? maybe your speakers are shorting out from something wet. had that problem in my buddys subaru because you say the car came with no radio that also leads me to think maybe whoever took it out of there didnt do it quite properly and cut a ground wire by accident. check your ground and maybe run another one. (on headunit harness + car harness) I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY. Wanna ride bikes? Quote On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said: Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics! On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said: Do horns get low
CleanSierra Posted November 3, 2013 Report Posted November 3, 2013 Grounds or RCAs are points of noise. Check ALL grounds, change to chassis ground for the HU if you can. RCAs can be swapped to rule out bad RCAs. You can ground your RCAs by wrapping a bare, stripped piece of wire around the RCA outputs in an X. How did you get your 12V switched for the HU? You may have to run a separate wire to the fuse panel to a fuse that is hot when ignition is in ON position. Just some ideas for you Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
rockFord_Expedition Posted November 3, 2013 Report Posted November 3, 2013 How did you make your wire connections? Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
Vic Damone Posted November 3, 2013 Author Report Posted November 3, 2013 Well I bought that little harness from Walmart the radio was playing fine well didn't sound the best but it worked I also forgot to add I don't a dash kit, but I was moving the wires around when putting the radio back in then bam stopped working
rockFord_Expedition Posted November 3, 2013 Report Posted November 3, 2013 Well I bought that little harness from Walmart the radio was playing fine well didn't sound the best but it worked I also forgot to add I don't a dash kit, but I was moving the wires around when putting the radio back in then bam stopped working This says a lot. Probably have a bad connection or two. Check your grounds like stated above. Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.