Jump to content

Skipping via USB/Bluetooth?


TRON

Recommended Posts

Posted

My head unit (DPX500BT) has this strange problem where it randomly "skips" every few minutes, somtimes every few seconds. Just one single skip, like a CD would going over a bump, delays the music for a split second and keep playing. Regardless of actaully hitting a bump, I supoose its possible for a USB/Bluetooth connection to skip due to latencey but then wouldn't it only skip if there was some other task happaening that sucked up some CPU int he connected device?

When I first updated my iPhone to iOS7, this happend a lot becasue of the latencey of my phone with the new software (slow az iPhone 4) but having my iPod classic connected via the USB still does it, just not as much as that silly iOS7 iPhone. The real problem with my iPhone was with Bluetooth I used the phone to navagate through music (which lagged hard) but via USB I use the head unit to navagate, which was the same as using my iPod. So I just stopped using the Bluetooth.

So, What the hell is this? Firmware is up to date, no loose or exposed wires in the back, CDs play like a champ, but USB/Bluetooth skip.

Anybody see this before?

Oh and of coures, can't tell if the 360.3 does it or not via Bluetoothe, my iPhone is so damn laggy that it's usless over Bluetooth...Apple porked themselves good this time.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s



 

Posted

You should look into the head unit itself as sometimes they choose cheap Bluetooth receivers(USB dongles) and they don't have very much range thus having a lot of interference I switched my JVC one and it worked fine after that

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1484 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...