Hey Woodworkers/refinishers....OK, Video of my Mom getting her present is up on pg. 6

LOL, I appreciate it guys, especially the free offer. But, being that this is a family piece for my mom, I want to do it myself. I am sure it will be mine one day, and I am a sucker for my family's history. I have some cool old photo's in my barbershop of my grandparents that I never even knew. They passed while I was an infant, but I look just like my grandfather. Ya know, this show's a lot of the character of this site, being a car audio site, that so many people are trying to help. I really appreciate it.

There's nothing like family.

Sometimes I get the family vibe from a few on this site. It's pretty awesome.

Now get your ass to work and show us some pics bish. :)

OK, so I got the chest this morning while my Mom was getting her nails did. I did a little research and found this. Cavalier cedar chests were built in Chattanooga, Tennessee from Tennessee red cedar by the Tennessee Furniture Company beginning in 1923. The "Cavalier" line and trademark was only used for cedar chests and iceboxes. Since Cavalier cedar chests have solid cedar cores, they typically functioned as hope chests or linen chests "" as long as the chest was maintained, the cedar oil would keep moths

from attacking the contents. Women often kept their detailed laces, embroidered material or fine wools in their cedar chests in order to preserve them from attacking pests. The ice boxes, beverage coolers and Coca-Cola vending machines they built in the same period were not constructed of cedar.Unfortunately, since the company changed hands several times in the later part of the twentieth century, many of the records were lost through the years, so there are no reference codes for the serial numbers on the chests or model line details except those that antique dealers have parsed together

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

20131107_103722.jpg

20131107_103738.jpg

20131107_103750.jpg

20131107_103818.jpg

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Should not be that difficult since the sides and top are flat. I would use Marine Paint remover good heavy duty remover. Watch breathing the cedar dust and the paint dust caustic!!!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Oh yeah, masks are number 2 on my list of things to get at the hardware store for the project.

Guy at the hardware store recommended Zip Strip. He said his dad was a yacht repairman and that is what he always used. Anyone used that brand? Want to make sure it is good before I open it this weekend.

Zip Strip will work great also!!!!!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Zip Strip will work great also!!!!!

Good to know, thanks! I am actually putting my box on hold in order to get this done before Christmas!

For those that are interested... I found a serial number on the bottom of the chest. After doing a lot of research, I found out that it was built in September, 1924.

Great project man. I love seeing old furniture come to life. Even better is being able to find some history on it and also the family history. Very cool cant wait to see the finished project.

New build coming........

YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide

Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/

Old Screen name: Redrebel66

Archived