Second Skin Audio

difference is current 18" Fi subs?

Fuzzy336

what works for you wont work for others... and its good you can do 157 those are good numbers. have you ever metered your setup with a larger box one with the proper size per sub?

im not saying it wont work just saying it could do much better in a bit bigger box

You guys an proper box who says there's a proper box ? If there was why isn't everyone loud? Who else is doing 156 from cargo area besides Meade an myself? How does Berger get a 160 out if 4-18s in a forth in a civics backseat ? Proper box? I don't think so .. Op do what u want 4-18 s can an will work just saying

The manufacturers say there is a proper range of airspace needed for OPTIMAL performance. Are you saying that none of these manufacturers know what they're talking about?

I'm saying there is no proven box design recommended means recommended dc 18 a recommend 6-8 cubes if I remember right an after long testing work best in 5 cubes an Miguel's on my power bigger would be just sloppy for me ....

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I'm saying there is no proven box design recommended means recommended dc 18 a recommend 6-8 cubes if I remember right an after long testing work best in 5 cubes an Miguel's on my power bigger would be just sloppy for me ....

thats the reason it is working for you.. you are giving them power.. the OP will be under powering his 18's.. if he was running 9 to 10k to the subs it would be better but he is throwing 5k on 6k worth of subs

It seems op is going to do what he wants regardless .. I gave my 2c I'm out .. Hope u all get loud ?

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

98 I apprecieate the input don't get me wrong, but sense I'm only going to be running like 5.5kw I want to make sure I do have enough airspace, you know? I'm doing this build on minimum wage while still paying my bills so I only got one shot at this money wise

My Youtube Channel

Trying to guess the SPL of a system with out a meter is like trying to guess how much air pressure is in a compressor tank just by letting some of the air out.

...Seems like 90 psi...

Archived