BMW F02 and Car audio.

Hello, i have a BMW 740Li F02 2009 and i want to install a aftermarket car audio, but i don't know how because the connection on this car is toslink and not RCA.

Here in France audio installer say it's not possible to install an aftermarket audio because the car have toslink connection and if i tuch something in car this can cause problems in the electrical system in car.

But i saw some cars with optical connection and aftermarket car audio ..

So excuse for my bad english and i need little help, if I can not find a solution i sold my car just for this problem ...

thank you

Are you definitely keeping the stock HU?

The Fosgate 360.3 has an optical input.

You could contact Fosgate and verify that the optical formatting would work between the two?

Then use the 360.3 to supply RCA signals to aftermarket amplifiers.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

There are a bunch of processors that will let you keep the factory radio, the Rockford Fosgate 360.3, the Alpine H800, Arc Audio PS8 all have optical inputs that would let you keep the factory source.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Hello, i have a BMW 740Li F02 2009 and i want to install a aftermarket car audio, but i don't know how because the connection on this car is toslink and not RCA.

Here in France audio installer say it's not possible to install an aftermarket audio because the car have toslink connection and if i tuch something in car this can cause problems in the electrical system in car.

So excuse for my bad english and i need little help, if I can not find a solution i sold my car just for this problem ...

thank you

Not sure why your asking this, since you already sold the car.

truthsayer

thank you

Not sure why your asking this, since you already sold the car.

reading > you

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Nothing's impossible, its just how much work you want to put into the install.

Those newer Bimmer's don't really have the standard DIN or double DIN layouts anymore so it would be very custom.

Or keep the stock HU and use a processor.

Or leave the stock HU and implement a tablet or other device as the music source.

There are many options these days, just depends on how bad you want one of them.

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

i want to keep stock HU

the problem is that it will be hard to change a stock wire of battery and alternator, because the battery are in trunk... or maybe i can leave the stock wire of battery and alternator and juste put 0 ga wire from alternator to positiv terminal under the hood and 0 ga from the trunk battery to amplifiers, the hardest is to put the wire from trunk battery to positiv terminal under the hood .

i don't know if you know what i mean ?

Edit: Or maybe i don't need to put a 0 ga wire from trunk battery to positiv terminal under the hood ?

Do you think it's good if i just put a 0 ga from alternator to positiv terminal under the hood

And 0 ga from trunk battery directly to second battery ?

I think i don't need to put a 0 ga wire from trunk battery to Positiv terminal ( of battery ) under the hood ?

Positiv terminal=

5258a810.jpg

i want to keep stock HU

the problem is that it will be hard to change a stock wire of battery and alternator, because the battery are in trunk... or maybe i can leave the stock wire of battery and alternator and juste put 0 ga wire from alternator to positiv terminal under the hood and 0 ga from the trunk battery to amplifiers, the hardest is to put the wire from trunk battery to positiv terminal under the hood .

i don't know if you know what i mean ?

Edit: Or maybe i don't need to put a 0 ga wire from trunk battery to positiv terminal under the hood ?

Do you think it's good if i just put a 0 ga from alternator to positiv terminal under the hood

And 0 ga from trunk battery directly to second battery ?

I think i don't need to put a 0 ga wire from trunk battery to Positiv terminal ( of battery ) under the hood ?

Positiv terminal=

Before you pick your wiring, you need to determine what load you're going to be driving.

No need to go full bore with 0ga if you're not intending on using that much power.

BUT, a little extra cable never hurts either ;)

Question #1: How much amplifier power are you intending on running.

Question #2: Question #1 will help determine if you need an HO alternator.

Question #3: After your power needs are determined, we can design the wiring to support the load.

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

Archived