RF T2 component install help

TwinkeyMerchant

So not to long ago I installed my first set of components. Well after a short time.. the woofers blew (5 1/4"). So i bought another set of T252-S's and they just came in and hopefully these wont mess up. Im running them on a RF R300-4 which only pushes 50 watts per channel at 4 ohms, so i don't see how i could have over powered them? Maybe bad wiring, or i didn't know about the bi-amp switch and was still trying to use the woofer slot on the crossover while it was switched off, could that be the problem? I really don't want to blow another set so any help, tips, or advise would be GREATLY appreciated

you probably were clipping the shit out them. How did you set your gains?

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

well i did play with the settings for a while and had the gain turned up pretty high, but later turned it all the way down and -2 db on the crossover.

I will be waiting for awhile to install these new ones. Untill i feel i completely understand all the necessity's so if anyone could shoot me a link to any read's or something like that, that will help me learn about components that would help also.

EDIT: Also whats the difference between active and passive? i've tired google and all they talk about is DJ systems and stuff. Not car audio, but i see people talking about passive and active on this site, which is better?

• 2 weeks later...

U should invest in an smd dd-1 distortion detector ...make sure ur not distorting..active crossover is before the amp..some headunits have active crossovers built in..or you can buy an active crossover unit..all it does is filter the frequencies its sending to the amp..if you have an active crossover you can choose you frequency range you want to play and the slope of the curve and set your 4ch amp to flat or full pass..a passive crossover is the crossover that comes included with whatever component set you buy.. should do research before you go active tho you can do more harm than good if you dont know what your doin. Smd also sells a crossover calibrator (cc-1)..you can buy the dd-1 and cc-1 in a combo pack for around 300..if you use an active crossover you can set the filters close to what you want but the only way to get the frequencies exact is to calibrate with a cc-1 or similar .plus youll need the dd-1 or similar to set gains on the amp and crossover because you can send a clipped signal to the am p to the point that it would be clipping with the gains all the way down. Over powering is not the only way to blow speakers..if you clip it will blow them quicker than over powering them.

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Archived