Second Skin Audio

Need help building C pillar wall

Neckbeard

Im Going to be walling off my astro with 2 Sundown X18s on 3500w, I would like 13cubes net tuned to 30Hz, My max dimensions are 64(H)x25(D)x40(L). But i would like a cavity under the box that is atleast 10" tall to hold batts, amps and junk. The cavity will be accessible from the rear doors, under lock and key off course with a door on it. Can anyone post some sketch up and torres? I can't use sketch up for shit. Would really appreciate some help!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Bump up your port area to at least 200 and then it'll be looking a bit better...and yeah, dude, sketchup is easy as hell. If you have a basic understandin of mathematics and can use paint you can use sketchup lol. Seruously with a little trial and error I figured out everything I need to know to build boxes.

edit: and with a net volume of 14+ feet youll want to be careful as youll lose a bit more mechanical control below tuning than you would with a smaller box but youll probably gain some efficiency around tuning as well so its a toss up there. I know people seem to be having good luck with larger boxes on the x so its seems reasonable to me.

Btw, I am only looking at the final figures on the right. I don't use torres so I wouldn't know if you input the stuff on the left side wrong or used the wrong # of commone walls or what have you

Team NorthWestSPL

A c pillar wall in an astro. May the spl gods strike you down with lightning.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Originally wanted a B, but i figured i would wanna see the passengers. Really think i should B pillar it?

Bwaaaahahaha!

Yeah OP- If you are doing this for loud and for numbers, go with a B-Pillar Wall. But IF you are doing this for fun and to have more than 2 seats- go ahead with the C-Pillar build.

Astros bulge like balloons anyway.... Mine is at the C-Pillar and is fun, low, and has a strange wow factor at shows and for people who haven't seen multiple sub setups- but I can tell you to forget about actually competing with the C-Pillar build. Everything bulges, shakes and flexes. Not to mention the sheer volume of air you are trying to excite with the wall that far back- especially compared to walling at the B-Pillar.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Bwaaaahahaha!

Yeah OP- If you are doing this for loud and for numbers, go with a B-Pillar Wall. But IF you are doing this for fun and to have more than 2 seats- go ahead with the C-Pillar build.

Astros bulge like balloons anyway.... Mine is at the C-Pillar and is fun, low, and has a strange wow factor at shows and for people who haven't seen multiple sub setups- but I can tell you to forget about actually competing with the C-Pillar build. Everything bulges, shakes and flexes. Not to mention the sheer volume of air you are trying to excite with the wall that far back- especially compared to walling at the B-Pillar.

and yours is walled with 12 12's, mine will be only 2 18s lol. You think i can hair trick with a B pillar? :P

Archived