Krakin Posted November 17, 2013 Report Posted November 17, 2013 Ok thanks. If you missed my link this is a great way of flaring pvc ports to help tremendously with noise: http://www.subwoofer-builder.com/flares-25mm.htm Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
LoudBimmer Posted November 17, 2013 Report Posted November 17, 2013 Ok thanks. If you missed my link this is a great way of flaring pvc ports to help tremendously with noise: http://www.subwoofer-builder.com/flares-25mm.htm Fuck it. too much work lol I did calculate minimum port area for my subs, but it came out to be around 50^2 and 8" diameter. Which I think is just too much. So I decided to lower it to ~35-40^2 for 2 CF box.
Krakin Posted November 17, 2013 Report Posted November 17, 2013 You can also take a round over to it, idk how well it will work but it's something. Or you can get the precision ports as those can be reused in future boxes, or sold after used. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
LoudBimmer Posted November 17, 2013 Report Posted November 17, 2013 I have 6" precision port, but it's not enough. Ordering another one is just too expensive. $38 for piece of plastic. I just picked up 4" PVC pipe for free. Plus I can get more. For free. Or 8" PVC pipe. For free.
Krakin Posted November 17, 2013 Report Posted November 17, 2013 Well dang, sent me some PVC lol. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Krakin Posted November 17, 2013 Report Posted November 17, 2013 Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
shanesauce Posted November 18, 2013 Author Report Posted November 18, 2013 - 2012 Mustang 3.7 Manual - Audio under construction
Christopher Cleveland Posted April 12, 2016 Report Posted April 12, 2016 yeass there we go that was the critical point in woofer specs that I was most curious about and wanted to learn the term for, thank you very much for putting it out there Vd=the peak to peak swept volume. Awesome. Just to make sure - the formulas use Vd. That is the peak to peak swept volume, not one way Xmax. I think your minimum calculates to 55 sqin, unless I misunderstood something. In a car, you don't really have to have that much. The port may not operate 100% correctly at maximum driver excursion, but it will work. Yes, an aero can have less port area. It eliminates a significant amount of port noise. Once again, the port may not operate 100% correctly, but as long as you don't get so small that the system begins to act like a leaky sealed box instead of a ported box, it will be fine. I would guess ~30-35 sqin is enough for that pair of subs. Or you might could get decent results with one 4" aero.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.