06 Infinity QX56 C-Pillar 4 18" Crossfire xs-spl-v2 new videos coming

Hoping to find some time during the week to get all my handles back on and figure out the under visor issue. Next weekend will attempt to get the enclosure cut and built toma point i can begin fiberglassing.

At this point it is going to be very close on getting finished before the 8th.

damn man im liking the build, i always wanted to see a qx56 build. im a tech at infiniti of tysons corner is that near you?

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

damn man im liking the build, i always wanted to see a qx56 build. im a tech at infiniti of tysons corner is that near you?

Yes I am in Frederick so you are not too far. If you go to any shows in the area you will for sure bump into me. Everything has been fun building in the QX except the under visors they are a pain in my ass. The QX is a beast I love that it has automatic air leveling for the rear even with 1000 pounds it hold up good when it is running! Another thing I really like about it the metal seems thicker than most vehicles I have done systems in. Glad to have you along for the ride!

Nice first build! Nice new build! Tuned in man!

Not the first build I have had about 5 different set ups in this vehicle started with a single 15 then just kept getting bigger. Glad you liked the last build and I hope this one will blow you guys away!

Got the o shit handles back on and just got a package! Aluminum 6101 T61 for bus bar has arrived 1/2x2 should do the trick. Still having issues with the under visor that thing is a pain, I think the extra thickness of the deadener has made it impossible to get back on may have to make something to fit that area that looks good... :(

Got a little more work done last night. There was quite a bit of calculations and taping areas along with every bodies favorite, waiting for paint to dry.... The enclosure is going to be very close to what I was hoping for in cubic feet, port and everything fitting!

Here are a couple pics

Got a kreg jig, really like the way it works making it nice putting together from inside vehicle.

003.jpg

Waiting for paint to dry.

005-1.jpg

004.jpg

Making sure the batteries would fit.

006-1.jpg

Damn near perfect fit will be tight with the bus bar but pretty sure it will still clear.

009-1.jpg

Walls up!

007-1.jpg

Put a small 2x2 brace on bottom.

010.jpg

Hoping to get more done tonight.

Dang it's coming along great man! You still have your stock headliner in to don't you? That's what I would like to do when I do my c pillar. You know leave the interior "stock". As far as securing the wall are you bolting though the floor or something? Well I'll stop asking questions and start taking notes. I'm quite jealous of your cargo space vs my xterra's cargo space too haha

Dang it's coming along great man! You still have your stock headliner in to don't you? That's what I would like to do when I do my c pillar. You know leave the interior "stock". As far as securing the wall are you bolting though the floor or something? Well I'll stop asking questions and start taking notes. I'm quite jealous of your cargo space vs my xterra's cargo space too haha

Thanks!

Yes tried to keep as much stock as possible, the last wall II even kept the 3rd row seats but this one I needed the space. As far as securing the enclosure, the floor is screwed in multiple places but even that is not needed. If you go to the absolute max all the way around and make a front flush mount that touches everywhere it will not move. The last wall was not screwed or bolted and would not move. I did a shake test last night and this one even without the flush mount or even being a complete enclosure shakes the entire vehicle.

That is why we are all here to ask each other questions and learn from different ideas, ask as many as you want I will always try to help.

Yeah I ended up with a lot more than I expected after all the displacement I have 24 cubes!

Archived