Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

single 15" setup in crew cab truck?


RickyFriery97

Recommended Posts

Posted

whats up guys, ive been wanting to do a sub set up in my new truck for a while, been without a setup fo over a year now...

was thinking about taking the smaller section of my rear seat out and building a ported box there for a 15"

sub facing the front seat, angled baffle possibly, port firing up from the back of the box

any opinons? or has anyone seen a setup like this?

just wanted to get some suggestions, havent done anything car audio in a while...

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Posted

Sounds interesting. I assume you must have a 40/60 split rear seat and you want to put the box where the 40% part is?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

I'm actually leaning to doing something similar in my truck, but with a 12. I haven't been able to find anything saying its a bad idea... :shrug:

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

Posted

My opinion? Balls to the wall, build a wall!

In seriousness? Have you though about removing the backseats?

I have seen a guy with an F150 take his back seats out, build a box for 4 12's firing down, and then fabricate his seats back onto the box. Of course the seats sat higher than before, but they were still fully functional, comfortable to sit on, and the setup sounded pretty good. Just another option you could think about?

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Posted

Sounds interesting. I assume you must have a 40/60 split rear seat and you want to put the box where the 40% part is?

Yes, the 40 section is only one seat so ill only lose one spot

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Posted

I'm actually leaning to doing something similar in my truck, but with a 12. I haven't been able to find anything saying its a bad idea... :shrug:

I haven't measured anything, I'm just eye balling I'm pretty sure there's more then enough for a 15"

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Posted

My opinion? Balls to the wall, build a wall!

In seriousness? Have you though about removing the backseats?

I have seen a guy with an F150 take his back seats out, build a box for 4 12's firing down, and then fabricate his seats back onto the box. Of course the seats sat higher than before, but they were still fully functional, comfortable to sit on, and the setup sounded pretty good. Just another option you could think about?

I use my back seat too much to take it completely out, removing the 40 section ill only lose one seat.

I've seen something similar, but I wanna keep it simple for the time being

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Posted

I'm actually leaning to doing something similar in my truck, but with a 12. I haven't been able to find anything saying its a bad idea... :shrug:

I haven't measured anything, I'm just eye balling I'm pretty sure there's more then enough for a 15"

Yeah you should have an ample amount of room. I'm only doing a 12 since I already have one. My next build may up it to a 15 if this one goes well. Of course I'm hoping to have a dedicated vehicle for car stereo stuff by the time I get antsy to start another project.

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

Posted

there should be plenty of room under both seat to put a 10 under each seat maybe 12s in one box or 2 separate boxes.

03 s-10 owned since 35k now 150k

alpine type-s 6.5 comp

alpine type-e 10 ported fiberglass

jl 300/4 (dead)

jl500/1 (dead)

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

This is not what you are doing per say, but similar. I have a 94 extended cab where I cut my bench seat in half and am running a single 15. I want to redo it with port up as I didn't know that it was preferred port up, gained 1db with port up.

97A2E633-D505-4723-97DA-54937DC25844.jpg

86B4D3F0-70ED-4FC5-9857-D9DF1F488FBD-323

CC00F51F-B5EE-4D8A-A53A-0F300D92503B-146

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6292 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...