Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Power HX2 Ported Box


Souldrop

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey all,

I will be powering a power hx2 12 off a T1000-BDCP. I was wondering if there were any suggestions as far as box size. Fosgate recommends 2.5 ft at 40Hz. The tuning seems a bit high to me...I was wondering if anyone had experience or better suggestions as what to do with these drivers. Thanks in advance.

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

Posted

You can port them down at 32-35 for good results as well. Those subs sound great and it's crazy because my Fosgate Power 15 requires the same space. Airspace from 2.0-2.5 cubes with whatever tune you desire will work very well.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Alright man sounds good! I was hoping you would chime in. Lol, the manual suggests anywhere from 1.75-4 ft cubed. I'll probaby try and keep it around 2.5 so I don't lose too much seat space

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

Posted

Loose seat space?

What vehicle are you putting it in?

A box on a seat muffles the sound.

Oh and I could have sworn I read some where that the 12 is suggested to be in a 2cuft box if ported but that it can work well in bigger or smaller? thought suggested tuning was around 33hz to.

Then again i'm just going by what i've read online. For that speaker and we all know the internet isnt 100%

I'm picking up a power hx2 12" Friday so I'll be watching this thread for your results.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

It's going in an extended cab F-250 for the foreseeable future. My back seat is a bench seat that's able to be flipped up, so I was trying to figure out whether or not I was going to sacrifice the larger or the smaller section of the seat. Yeah as far as the driver, it seems I've read varying opinions as far as what size to build the enclosure. I actually have two of these, but am only going to run one until I can upgrade electrical some and afford a T2500 or equivalent. I have a feeling I will end up trying several different box setups over the next few months and seeing what's best for my truck, but I will definitely start with sierra's suggestion. It's a good mid-sized option from which to start building.

edit- It will probably be a little while until I get this done. I still have to recone the HX2's from sagging spiders...(wish me luck as I'm venturing to do it on my own)....I may start as early as next week if everything goes well.

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6292 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...