need a capacitor?

better alt bro.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Guest MegaloManiac

a new alternator or battery should..in fact will solve the problem.

a capaciotr is just a bandaid....u need more current, and a cap cannot create its own power, a cap stores power.

Guest MegaloManiac

my shit does the same thing. i aint got the cash for a  new alt. tho. so i mite just grab a capacitor.

whats a cap goin to do? create more power for you? All it does is store power, and disperce it. You are only making things worst by "thinking" you have solved the problem.  First invest in a new battery, im talkin with one of those nice deep cycle batteries like a yellow top from Optima http://www.optimabatteries.com/publish/opt...commercial.html

that should hold up for awhile, saves some cash and get a new alt. They really are an investment if you plan on banging4 awhile. :)

-Megalo

Guest Brett32324

my shit does the same thing. i aint got the cash for a  new alt. tho. so i mite just grab a capacitor.

whats a cap goin to do? create more power for you? All it does is store power, and disperce it. You are only making things worst by "thinking" you have solved the problem.  First invest in a new battery, im talkin with one of those nice deep cycle batteries like a yellow top from Optima http://www.optimabatteries.com/publish/opt...commercial.html

that should hold up for awhile, saves some cash and get a new alt. They really are an investment if you plan on banging4 awhile. :)

-Megalo

thats exactally wut im doin. lol. first off gettin a yellow top then more subs ofcourse.then better Alt.

then add the batteries

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

-Megalo

X2. A capacitor CANNOT produce current...it only stores a small amount of current produced by the alternator. Then it ATTEMPTS to stabilize the voltage by pouring whatever small voltage into the circuit when the external voltage drops. A battery on the other hand has a lower voltage than your alternator, but can produce large amounts of current. That HELPS the alternator. Why?

Well Power (WATTS) = Voltage X Current. Hence, when voltage drops the current MUST rise in order to maintain the same power. Hence a battery.  ;)