Jump to content

Tips and tricks to enhance mids and highs?


Nick580

Recommended Posts

Posted

nice move on the DD x 1.1, and easy way for fiberglass, is just go to Home Depot, and get some mat and resin.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Posted

nice move on the DD x 1.1, and easy way for fiberglass, is just go to Home Depot, and get some mat and resin.

Last few times I went to home depot they didn't carry mat but they did have resin.

I would seal with fiberglass and deadener..take a few different sized tupperware containers and tape them behind where the speaker mounts..one after another of course..try the windows..whichever clears the window and speakers magnent use that one for your template..throw wax on it and then fiberglass it..when dry pull the fiberglass and the tupperware apart and then u have your shell..drill/bolt it in seal with deadener.. (peel n seal would work just to get an airtight seal but no deadening properties) throw ur speaks on ..panels on and see how it sounds..this is just a mickey mouse way of sealing off. But if u have enuff time to work for two weeks..you could do it the way the other guy said.

Interesting method. I think they sell speaker baffles online http://www.parts-express.com/xtc-6-1-2-round-small-frame-foam-baffle-pair--260-789?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla

Posted

Here is how I did my doors...I used some foam with a decoupling layer and attached that to the inner skin of the door along with a dozen light weight mlv tiles on the inner and outer door skin. When I built my door panels I added several layers of cloth and fiberglass matte on the rear of the door card then covered it with carpet to remove rattles. The fiberglass pods that hold my 12" in the doors were made by making a mold of the panel with 6 layers of chop matte and cloth then I covered it with kitty hair (mixture of fiberglass fibers and heavy duty body filler). Then once I cut it to shape I used a 2 1/4" baffle and wrapped it. Inside the fiberglass pods I used around 2 lbs of non hardening modeling clay and put it around the baffle for the 12" Then several more layers of matte and body filler. I used a piece of neoprene between the pod for the 12" and the door panel as a decoupling layer.

This is an over the top way to do it but I don't like rattles and like to play my stereo loud. 3m resin is a step up from the bondo brand and just feels like an all around better product. If you have the money US composites is great. I have some of those alpine tweeters. They are accurate but a little harsh right? Titanium. When you can post some pics and you will get more help then you know what to do with.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1874 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...