Jump to content

Tips and tricks to enhance mids and highs?


Nick580

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just curious to see If you all knew of some different methods on how to increase clarity, response, output, for mids and highs in component sets for door speakers. I installed mine today and they sound great, but I want to know if there are any tricks to make them sound better other than buying processors (im broke atm). Let me know what you think.

Im running Alpine SPR 60 C's in front and SPR 60's for backfill on a DD SS4a amplifier. (this may be most of my problem) 2 volts preamp from a Jensen HU with no external EQ.

Posted

Has anyone tried Second Skins Speaker Tweeter Pads?

Will sealing off the door access cavities help with mid bass response?

What is the best way to seal off these cavities CLD sound deadener or rig something with MDF?

Does deadening the exterior door panel help anything?

Posted

I used sheet metal & 1/4" wood to seal off my doors. Sound deadened & acoustic foamed inside the doors them selves and sound deadened between the door and panel. A lot of work went into it. About 80 hrs, but the rewards where amazing. Midbass response was off the chart compared to before. As they say...install is the key!

Posted

Deadening will make a huge difference. I would start by deadening the outer door skin and then sealing off the holes in your inner door skin. Ideally this is done with something more rigid than deadener but deadener is better than nothing at all.

Also, make sure that the speaker itself has a solid baffle/mounting ring. If you are in the stock location it may just be plastic or metal and that wont be ideal.

If you post up some pics of the install we may be able to add some more ideas.

Team NorthWestSPL

Posted

:morepower1:

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Posted

unfortunately I will not have a camera/phone until this weekend. My old one crapped out on me. However I can give you a general idea of what im working with.

I bought some adapters http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142SAT69/Speaker-Mounting-Brackets.html?tp=2824&awkw=62362876945&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=33885660505&awdv=c and used high density weather stripping to seal the contacts from the woofer to the adapter and in between the adapter and the door. I also regrettably put the roofing material on the majority of my door skins. To address that problem I am about to pull the trigger on 40sq ft of Q-mat.

Posted

Don't judge me on the whole "P&S" decision Lol. Its bad enough I have to rip out all that money I wasted.

Also all wiring is OFC Sky High

RCA's are Knu Krystal 4channel 6m

Posted

2 volts... line driver would be a good move. also make fiberglass panels to cover the openings in doors, then sound matt over it

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Posted

2 volts... line driver would be a good move. also make fiberglass panels to cover the openings in doors, then sound matt over it

Yeah my plan as far as a line driver is concerned is to save up to get a DD x1.1 from a local guy. As far a fiberglass what do you suggest? Where to buy Fiberglass mat and what weight?

Posted

I would seal with fiberglass and deadener..take a few different sized tupperware containers and tape them behind where the speaker mounts..one after another of course..try the windows..whichever clears the window and speakers magnent use that one for your template..throw wax on it and then fiberglass it..when dry pull the fiberglass and the tupperware apart and then u have your shell..drill/bolt it in seal with deadener.. (peel n seal would work just to get an airtight seal but no deadening properties) throw ur speaks on ..panels on and see how it sounds..this is just a mickey mouse way of sealing off. But if u have enuff time to work for two weeks..you could do it the way the other guy said.

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1561 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...