05Malibu Final Build - DC - PRV - SHCA - XS - SINGER

Here's how the trunk setup looks as it sits now, I've been doing the wiring and mounting in between the pod work. Multi tasking like a mofo lol! Anyway it's still messy and I apologize for the bad pics but gives an idea.

0D0C6C51-AED6-420E-85B5-123333D1B7C2.jpg

Mounted the Ctx where the kicker was. Kicker going on back of box temporarily until I can either sell that setup or figure something else out.

954CC1E8-1928-492F-9D1F-CC7479851F2D.jpg

4E8B4AAB-5397-409B-A84D-2438A33BDFCA.jpg

Ok so I got tired of driving with no door panels and only listening to the 6x9s so I decided to just hook everything up and try it out. I still have some finishing sanding to the pods but Ill leave that until I decide if I like it.

As I R&D my sub stage I'm contemplating just ditching my rear 6x9s all together and put 2 sets of the XXXs in my doors. Which is why I went the small simple route for the first pods anyway. Wanted to leave it as undo able/changeable as possible. I change my mind quite often haha. Anyways here's some pics of what they look like currently.

734D7CCF-2D52-4DF3-BAD1-7D9B95B1DAC6.jpg

549F0195-F582-4E00-B532-3220A4492B64.jpg

450B8216-A9E0-4F16-82DA-DBC65AA2F1C0.jpg

Of course I had to have a problem!!! 2 screws on the passenger side broke as I was mounting the speaker (apparently the screws that came with the speakers are really soft metal)!!! And they broke all the way down to the surface when I tried vice grip'n it. So will have to deal with that somehow. But led me to think of fiber glassing in some threading (kinda like the rear mount threaded plugs) into my speaker rings, that way i wont have that issue again and mounting and de mounting will be a hell of a lot easier. Anyone tried this? I haven't really seen it done without rear mounting the speakers...

First sound test... Speakers are amazing, midbass is exactly what I was looking for, and the tweets are not too bright. Amazing speakers and haven't even tuned yet... However I can tell that these bad boys are gonna need a fully sealed enclosure to really get everything out of them... So with that said its back to the drawing board. Lol. This will be fine for now in the meantime tho. Highly recommend these speakers.. Gf said it sounded like a sub from upstairs.. :)

After a week of listening to the XXXs/system (only using front channels on amp, 6x9s still on HU and L7 hooked up), I must say I really like these speakers!!! The tweeters are 'meh'... Ok, could be better.. Will be Redoing the doors, I can tell these XXXs dont like the normal IB door setup (move too freely and get "blobby" at high levels) which is what i read and expected so will be re doing the doors with sealed glass enclosures.

Overall progress is still slow... Mostly behind the scenes type stuff.. Wiring/measuring/planning.. Pretty boring.

Here's some pics... Finishing up the trunk, wiring 6x9s to amp. Planning temp amp rack for behind the seats. And plotting EQ and new toggles in center console.

26C5BC5F-2DCA-45E5-8F0D-B70907279F09.jpg

3452E051-1F5F-45D4-94DA-54E0A2476BCC.jpg

50 more feet of this on its way :)

A9781A2C-0F38-4816-8BC1-B0C2B7BDD53A.jpg

After a week of listening to the XXXs/system (only using front channels on amp, 6x9s still on HU and L7 hooked up), I must say I really like these speakers!!! The tweeters are 'meh'... Ok, could be better.. Will be Redoing the doors, I can tell these XXXs dont like the normal IB door setup (move too freely and get "blobby" at high levels) which is what i read and expected so will be re doing the doors with sealed glass enclosures.

Overall progress is still slow... Mostly behind the scenes type stuff.. Wiring/measuring/planning.. Pretty boring.

Here's some pics... Finishing up the trunk, wiring 6x9s to amp. Planning temp amp rack for behind the seats. And plotting EQ and new toggles in center console.

26C5BC5F-2DCA-45E5-8F0D-B70907279F09.jpg

3452E051-1F5F-45D4-94DA-54E0A2476BCC.jpg

50 more feet of this on its way :)

A9781A2C-0F38-4816-8BC1-B0C2B7BDD53A.jpg

EQ will be going below HU/AC controls. Then 5-6 toggles beneath that. Glasses into the oem. I also have a digital volt monitor going in there somewhere (not sure if ill have the space in the console itself). Will take more pics once it all gets here...

CC1D7B9B-2152-48C5-8645-43B688CA91CB.jpg

where the left pocket is and above those red toggles, the 7 band 1/2 din EQ will go

Archived