05Malibu Final Build - DC - PRV - SHCA - XS - SINGER

Got the T nuts in and decided to give it one last coat of clear coat to touch up a couple fingerprints and a few tiny mark made while putting those in. (It was dry but not cured so fingerprints went into the clear coat)

B097A143-F5B8-4CA8-957B-91D256CCE319.jpg

A4F9AE9D-6C1D-4A2D-B68B-C8D4E773D111.jpg

BC315B5C-5C28-4045-A611-4CD492994EFB.jpg

2794709F-5865-4E74-B482-CA169AFF188E.jpg

Going to let it dry/cure until tomorrow night and I'll see if it's good enough to start re assembling the doors.

Appreciate it fellas! Yea I agree looks a bit better now that the whole scheme is coming together..Except the only problem is now I really want 2 sets for each front door.... Lol FML!

Two is always better than one. I can tell you it sounds louder and better with two sets. You have room just go for it. lolToo bad you didn't live closer you could hear it for yourself.

It just sucks to think of all the time put into these pods just to redo it now... Wish I would've just went with 2 in the first place... Should've, could've, would've lol.

I'll probably just leave it for now. At least for the foreseeable future.

I wish I could hear it in person, but it'd probably just make me want them more.

Yes, 2 mids is way better than one. Its also why i am thinking of fiberglassing doors for another 6.5 or a 8". Sound and look bad ass! Great work man.

I'm toying with the idea of just doing pods for my rear doors and put a 2nd set of the xxxs in there.. But it wouldn't look as sweet and probably wouldn't be the best reproduction of sound for the front...

Even tho for me, the rear doors would actually be closer to my ears bc I'm so tall and seat is so far back..

I've even thought about the RF Pro audio 8" mids for rear doors.. Even if it's only just a set of coax speakers off the HU.. I want to do something to the rear doors.

I would stick with the front stage on another set of XXX's and maybe an 8" in rear doors. I know it may be closer to listening position but you realy want that front stage strong. All i can say is i wish i hadnt done my rear stage and focused more up front.

Looks custom and sexy as hell! A long way from where you started when you fiberglassed them into your doors before you made the post! Great work as always!

I would stick with the front stage on another set of XXX's and maybe an 8" in rear doors. I know it may be closer to listening position but you realy want that front stage strong. All i can say is i wish i hadnt done my rear stage and focused more up front.

That's kinda how I'm feeling about it too.. I'll probably end up doing both eventually to be honest.. (2 sets of xxx in front, 8" in rear doors)

Looks custom and sexy as hell! A long way from where you started when you fiberglassed them into your doors before you made the post! Great work as always!

Really appreciate the help and support from you and other SMD members.. You guys keep me company on these long project nights. :)

I honestly can't believe how far I've come since I first started and joined SMD. It may not be the best, but as long as my builds are always improving, that's all I can hope for

I cleaned the shit outta the grey part before putting back on.. They didn't look that bad, but I used goo gone and pulled sooo much dirt, grime and whatever else off.. Need to condition the vinyl but it's pretty much done.

Passenger door

CE8FE559-C597-4DD9-8A06-FAC4D047817E.jpg

828A5D8C-954D-4F64-960E-D3126D08DEF0.jpg

28EE6C94-0E21-40DE-9572-D3A81E2BFE01.jpg

Archived