Sundown Audio

Problem with T2500 output

Afficionado

when you touch the dmm leads together not with the sub..

i would just wire each coil to its own output and see what it does.. the amp will bridge it internally and it will still see a 1 ohm load

when you touch the dmm leads together not with the sub..

i would just wire each coil to its own output and see what it does.. the amp will bridge it internally and it will still see a 1 ohm load

This is what it reads when I touch the leads together. 0.4.

And ok, I might do that.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Also check the ground of the amp..having enough voltage and not enough ground will hinder output..maybe 1 coil is loose or came off or maybe the rcas need to be replaced..gotta measure that impedance of the sub make sure it is still connected..getting stinky is something sundowns do. Ive heard alotta ppl saying they start stinking with tuning.. also..wats the airspace of the box after displacement?

it's a big box, around 3 cubes.

any ideas?

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

id try a better dmm, it should read like .9-1 since they are a dual 2 sub. I dont see how youd have it reading .4, it would have to be a dual 1 sub to read that low wired in parallel I would think. dmm could be off as you stated, it is not a good dmm. But still doesnt seem to suggest why the output isnt there. Do you have a gain control knob connected to the amp, and maybe thats turned down? All fuses, wiring, connections, all good? sorry if someone already stated that.

id try a better dmm, it should read like .9-1 since they are a dual 2 sub. I dont see how youd have it reading .4, it would have to be a dual 1 sub to read that low wired in parallel I would think. dmm could be off as you stated, it is not a good dmm. But still doesnt seem to suggest why the output isnt there. Do you have a gain control knob connected to the amp, and maybe thats turned down? All fuses, wiring, connections, all good? sorry if someone already stated that.

Gain control was all the way up. All connections are solid. RCA's do need to be replaced.

Hook up one coil. Then unhook it and hook up the other. They should gave pretty much the same output. You don't need to Wang on it just moderate volume.

I'm thinking you one coil wired backward. That's what I meant by out of phase.

If they bith have the same output, hook up both and see if it drops off. Then if it does switch pos/neg on one and see what it does

Hook up one coil. Then unhook it and hook up the other. They should gave pretty much the same output. You don't need to Wang on it just moderate volume.

I'm thinking you one coil wired backward. That's what I meant by out of phase.

If they bith have the same output, hook up both and see if it drops off. Then if it does switch pos/neg on one and see what it does

the coils are hooked up correctly. =/ could it be that somehow is just making my signal distort really early?

and i don't know if this means anything, but in my old car my HU distorted at volume 38, and now it shows distortion at 33.

Archived