Second Skin Audio

RE Audio XXX 12

lightfoot

So I plan on putting this sub in my 05 Nissan Altima. I am running about 2500 watts. I would like to get enclosure recommendations I would like to either do a 4th order bandpass ported through the rear deck or a 4th order bandpass ported into the cabin (sealder off of course). I am also willing to do regular vented into the cabin. Im not looking for numbers, just want to get loud and low. Thanks for your time..

First off, congrats that's a nice sub. And i would hate to give box recommendations without knowing what RE recommends. I have only got to hear your sub 1 time, But i have to say i was extremely impressed. Both the SPL and SQ were outstanding. The box i believe was about 2.5 to 3 cubes. And a 4'' port. ( maybe a 6'')

truthsayer

They recommend 1.1 sealed and 2.2 ported; however, from what i have researched alot of people are saying that their recommendations are way off. And in my opinion those enclosures seem very small for such a massive sub. BTW the sub displacement is .24.

My re sxx 15s require 4 cubic feet per sub that seems a little too small for the xxx series I thought it was 8 or maybe 4 cubic feet per sub if im not mistaken

2003 silverado TEAM DC

Pioneer Avh 5500

4 DC lvl 5 18s

12 crescendo pwx 6.5s

4 crescendo ft1 tweets

6xs d3400s

Singer 400 alt

Skyhigh ofc wires

Skyhigh speaker wires

Smd vm1

2 DC 175.4

DC 10k

bottom-1_zps841868a8.gif

biggains_smd05_01_zpsmzshwldk.jpg

biggains_smd05_02_zpskjra9f1e.jpg

biggains_smd05_03_zpsncvjgng9.jpg

biggains_smd05_04_zpsr7ddubta.jpg

My re sxx 15s require 4 cubic feet per sub that seems a little too small for the xxx series I thought it was 8 or maybe 4 cubic feet per sub if im not mistaken

He has a 12" XXX, not a 15.

OP, on that kind of power I wouldn't go TOO big of a box. Id stay in the 2-2.5 cubic foot range. The port area will be the important part to get right with the enclosure. The sub had 54MM of Xmax and will require lots of port. A 4th order bandpass will require even MORE port than a typical bass reflex enclosure(vented box).

The bandpass would be really impressive if you have the room for it. I'm thinking with port area and volume of both chambers, sealed and ported, you would be taking up the whole trunk to foo it properly.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

He has a 12" XXX, not a 15.

OP, on that kind of power I wouldn't go TOO big of a box. Id stay in the 2-2.5 cubic foot range. The port area will be the important part to get right with the enclosure. The sub had 54MM of Xmax and will require lots of port. A 4th order bandpass will require even MORE port than a typical bass reflex enclosure(vented box).

The bandpass would be really impressive if you have the room for it. I'm thinking with port area and volume of both chambers, sealed and ported, you would be taking up the whole trunk to foo it properly.

I was waiting for you to chime in. You seem to have tons of knowledge about alot of subjects, I am willing to sacrifice my whole trunk if thats what it takes. My current enclosure is for a single 15 " L7 and the external dimensions are 35wX17hX25d and that is about the maximum I can go.

Archived