Second Skin Audio

Entry level subwoofers

Im new to this forum. I plan on installing 2 10" subs behind the seat on a buddys 1998 chevy 1500 regular cab pickup. I origionally planned on using 2 kicker 10" Comp S. I then found these for rediculously cheap on crutchfield. I plan on using a Polk audio pa880.1 amp to power them because it matches his 4 channel amp already installed in his truck Could you let me know what you think of these subs and any suggestions.

I would suggest saving up for $100 a sub and then looking for a nice mono amplifier to power them instead of a two channel, for simplicity.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Save up 200 for woofers, then u can run digital designs 500 series, sundowns entry levels, etc. much better quality woofers if u save some more dough.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

I used kicker comps when I started out "yeah I know there low baller stuff but I think there not that bad to start out with. right now im with Type R 1000 rms each and still new to the game like you haha. best idea is start small to understand it a little and then work your way up. chance is most people just like some little bumping. some want a lot. never will know till you try it out.

depth is what limits some in-cab truck builds. what woofer to use, that is. if you get a woofer that has too much depth for your application, you're usually screwed lol. unless you do some weird car audio voodoo shit.

edit: depth is only usually an issue with larger woofers like 15's and 18's. unless you get something tall like an ascendant audio smd, so you can disregard. or if you're in a single cab with like 5 inches of space behind the front seats.

it you set on using Polk you could use one of these

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_19262_Polk-Audio-MM1540DVC.html

I've heard very good things about them and there some of the(if not the) slimmest 15's out there.

i used to work at best buy and we sold polk dxi stuff. CRAP. we ALWAYS had stuff coming back blown and that amp gets HOT HOT. i was not inpressed at all

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

i think he is planning on running 10" so just find some you like and fits your budget and go from there kickers aren't bad for low budget subs so good luck and have fun

if you dont own or drive a customized car/truck/suv you suck lol

Archived