03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

I think you missed he wants to spend about $500 on the pair and use his amp :drinks:

edit: made it sound less asshole-ish!

Thanks for the reminder. I would be willing to spend a bit more but why get subs rated for more than 1k each. I know Sundown under rates there subs and can take 1k each. I have to tools and knowledge to set it up right so why not!

Rest assured, Skar subs are the real deal man. They are among the best available. That link I posted was for one sub only. The picture is misleading compared to other auction pictures from same seller. If you can swing the extra cash, the Skars would be a good choice and should perform well with 1k each. Go out on a limb and be different. You'd probably be the only one around running Skar subs. Maybe even do a single 15" infinite baffle. Challenge yourself. I think your already ready deadener-wise. Better yet, go with a single 18" infinite baffle. That would be insane. One 18" off 2k!! Some serious bass there man. I think you have the mids and tweets to keep up with an 18" too.

Ya the more i look at them the more i like them. The DDX-12 D4s is what i had in mind. No need to go any bigger or crazier than that! On this build anyway.

But thank you for all the ideas and comments. Much appreciated!

Whats new with your build?

Not much with mine at the moment. Been too cold and been too busy with kids and holiday stuff. Lined the inside of my pods with deadener. That's pretty much it. Need to get the woodstove put in the shed so I can cut pieces of plywood and fiberglass stuff. But, I'm in no hurry. Can't drive the car till May or June anyway.

Man, there is a sweet deal on ebay. Can get a 15" Skar ZVX for $329!!! I am SOOOOO tempeted to just buy one to have it on hand.

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=291162098863

Good price! You should get it! but if its just to "have on Hand" or add to the collection.... You might have a problem! Remember the first step is admitting you have a problem! lol

I know i gave up some addictions to find another (car audio) but i promise i never planned out a drunk or high the way i do my systems! lol

Archived