03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

Sounds like the same issue I had in my car 7 years ago and threw a brand new Kenwood Excelon radio away. Sounds like you lost the ignition switch in your harness. I ran a wire to my fuse box to a fuse with an ignition source, used one of those in-line fuses from autuzone on the wire.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Sounds like the same issue I had in my car 7 years ago and threw a brand new Kenwood Excelon radio away. Sounds like you lost the ignition switch in your harness. I ran a wire to my fuse box to a fuse with an ignition source, used one of those in-line fuses from autuzone on the wire.

ya everything else seems to work, and it worked fine for years like that. But ya thats what i was thinking of doing. I really would like to know why it happened and where the problem is exactly. I guess when i dive into it i will hopefully know.

Thanks for your input.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry nothing pic worthy yet. I finally got batts, amps, subs & enclosure out. Now to put expanding foam and sound deadener on under side of rear deck to quiet it some. I will get supplies to work on it next week. Temps are 35 in the am and 45 in the early evenings.

Batts are dead! Electrical draw somewhere, hate my rears, not super happy with sub stage, still have doors to finish and kick panels to start. Cant put any $ into it and really not motivated to work on it at all.... But the build must go on.

Oh what i would do different if i could start over! lol

• 3 weeks later...

I worked on sub enclosure today. Installed T-Nuts for subs. Wish i would have done it from the start. Glued them in with some LockTite gel glue. You can see where i had an issue with one of the subs and had to rotate it to screw it back down.

IMG_2173_zpsglkegas8.jpg

IMG_2174_zpsslvlkllq.jpg

IMG_2178_zpsabsngcyl.jpg

Charging Battery's today too. 3 year old batts and holding 95% charge from what the charger is stating. I think the Bluetop under the hood is dead though. Need to replace. I wont buy Kinetik Battery's again. Both HC1800's are low and weak.

IMG_2176_zps9dljpqgi.jpg

I picked up a sheet of MDF for the Malibu's enclosure. I got a nice design from Joe X for the T1D412 i have so i will start making cuts on that next weekend. RF Wire & LOC will be here Tuesday. I will start a build log for the boo, i just wanted to make a nice enclosure to give the wife some bass. I have the 99 RF 1000a1 or a 2003 Power T1000.1 db i can run. One would be in 4 ohm and the other would be in 1 ohm. No electrical upgrades to her car. Just stock bat & alt with no Big 3.

Will post when i get more going on the Lancer. Be working hard and tired but will get motivated now that all the bass has returned since the weather warmed up here in AK.

I was able to get a little work done today. I pulled rear speakers to put expanding foam in the rear deck/trunk cross bracing to help stiffen up the rear deck. The 6.5's in the rear deck where going to be midbass rear fill but sounded like ass and had a lot of vibration noise of metal and plastic back there. To remove the speakers i had to remove the Battery's, amps. wiring and sub enclosure. Shit ton of work for 2 speakers. LOL

So, while its out, i will sound deaden underneath the rear deck. I already did the top but still have rattles and need to chase them down some more.

IMG_2180_zps6f8lzha6.jpg

So i put a old bed sheet down to protect everything from dripping expanding foam.

IMG_2181_zpsdjknohso.jpg

There are two different hollow cross members that i filled up with foam.

IMG_2182_zps814puhso.jpg

The brace with the blue masking tape and the other bracing with the Black tape all the way across. My box fits super snug under that one. Sealed off!

IMG_2183_zpszqxbvy5y.jpg

Covered the holes with a small piece of tape to make the opening smaller so foam wouldn't drip out.

IMG_2184_zpsifgydp7y.jpg

CDT's i pulled out of rear deck. I have a T400-4 to power door speakers and hate having a channels open to not use, I either need to bridge the amp to the rear door speakers or i need a 2 channel amp. Like a PBR i could mount under the rear deck to hide away. Not sure what to do.

IMG_2185_zpsvszmlfqg.jpg

I will trim the foam tomorrow and lay more sound deadener underneath to chase those rattles down.

IMG_2186_zpsj2xj4v0e.jpg

Open to idea's here. Might put the CDTs back in and HPF them. ? with a speaker in the trunk is sealed off from the cab really well. 90+%, had planned on finishing the sealing off when i figured it all out.

IMG_2187_zpscq90povu.jpg

sub enclosure is so tight under this cross member that it wore the paint off on to this tape.

Thats all for updates until i sound deaden and figure out rear speakers if any. And amp situation.

I foamed my rear deck but couldn't go to the left of the driver side and right of the passenger side speaker cause my struts are there, go figure. But I didnt think of doing the spot closer to the trunk opening, definitely going to look into that myself.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

I foamed my rear deck but couldn't go to the left of the driver side and right of the passenger side speaker cause my struts are there, go figure. But I didnt think of doing the spot closer to the trunk opening, definitely going to look into that myself.

My Strut access is behind the trunk interior carpet so foaming there wasnt an issue. I bought some poly fill to stuff into gaps in the rear deck where i think its rattling. See if that helps any.

Thanks for the post and opinion.

Archived