Second Skin Audio

Question About Box Position. Please Help

PaulO2288

Alright I have a Jeep Cherokee and 2 12"s, subs and port faced back towards the hatch/backdoor. My backdoor/hatch is rattleing like hell and my window and door is flexxing a good inch almost. Now I tried faceing the box up subs up and port up and it wasent nearly as loud. Im trying to relive some pressure off my back hatch but remaining loud. Any tips? Will subs up port back be what im looking for. I see alot of people useing that setup. Please help. Thanks Paul

If you went with port rear subs up it may cut down a little on the rattle but I say get some 1/4 inch medium hard foam and put it under the rear plastic panel and line the hatch metal with 2 layers of hushmat! Now the glass its still gonna vibrate unless you change the single center latch to two latches on the outside edges of the glass, which paopbably aint gonna happen.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

If you went with port rear subs up it may cut down a little on the rattle but I say get some 1/4 inch medium hard foam and put it under the rear plastic panel and line the hatch metal with 2 layers of hushmat! Now the glass its still gonna vibrate unless you change the single center latch to two latches on the outside edges of the glass, which paopbably aint gonna happen.

I just dont want to damage my hatch and blow out the window you know. Cause I went back their and was trying to hold the hatch and it was hard as hell to hold thats how much pressure is back their. Its a crap load louder with the port and subs back compared to subs up and port up. But i see so many people running subs up port back that i dont know if I want to mess around making a new box for it not be anything good. The only other thing I could do is wall it and not have the pressure on my back hatch which wuold be pretty cool but its my daily driver and its only 2 12"s

As long and hard as Steve (and plenty others) beats on his and hes yet to break his rear glass I dont think you will have that issue. Just deaden the hatch skin and you will cut down on alot of vibrating.

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

As long and hard as Steve (and plenty others) beats on his and hes yet to break his rear glass I dont think you will have that issue. Just deaden the hatch skin and you will cut down on alot of vibrating.

Alright i deffinitally will. Thanks. Deffintally thinking about greatstuffing it also the metal inside the hatch too.

just make sure you block off any moving parts IE wiper motors, electric hatch poppers etc.....

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Archived