Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Plastidipping Subs


2K XJ

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys, i was wondering what y'all think would happen if I plasti-dipped my subs. I bought them off a guy who got a lot of excess glue all over the cone when he reconed them, and theres also some white paint looking stuff smeared all across the cone of one of them that won't come off. It doesnt look good at all haha, and nothing I've tried has taken it off. So I'm wondering if I could just plastidip them flat black? I think it would look cool, and I've seen it on CACO and youtube...dont think I remember seeing anyone on here do it...but anyway I think it would look cool, I'm just worried about performance. Would the weight of the dip change my t/s parameters to the point it would be audibly messed up? Or do you think I'd be fine? They are 15s BTW, so thats a lot of cone area to be covering in plastidip in case that makes a difference. I guess if they come out sounding bad I can always peel it off, but I'd just like to get a little feedback before I go on with it

1999 Jeep Cherokee SportLifted on 31'sPopcorn Sounds AX6000.1 w/ AA 500.1 "THE F1X" board4 Obsidian Audio OA15's

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

Posted

I don't think plasti dip adds a lot of weight to anything really. I've seen some vids on youtube like you said and the people didn't report anything sounding off. I was also thinking about doing this but I don't wanna go through trying to mask off the logo on my subs cause they have the inverted dust caps.

THE ANTHRACITE DYC CRUISER

-Fully dipped anthracite grey pt cruiser

-4 skar vvx 12's (version 1)

-Mechman 240 amp alt -Big three in Cadence 1/0

-1 deka intimidator g31 blacktop under the hood

-1 C&D 140ah Batt & 1 C&D 55ah batt in the rear

-Re audio/soundstream mids and highs

-Hifonics Zues 600.4

-DC Audio 3.5k

Posted

Go to Parts Express.com they have a black coating for cones. It is high gloss. It covers up problems like you described.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/


th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Posted

Wet Look part#340-513 page 167. $5.35. Parts Express

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/


th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6292 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...