Second Skin Audio

sundown 8 vs..

MACnonsence6

so xmas is coming up and my dad has a 86 iroc project hes working on getting twards the end of it im planning on getting him a sundown 8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/E8v3D2-SUNDOWN-AUDIO-PRO-8-SUB-DVC-2-OHM-300W-RMS-BASS-SUBWOOFER-SPEAKER-NEW-/121053660406?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item1c2f5c44f6&vxp=mtr

thinking about running it on a audio technix 400.1 wonder how it would take that power though. he doesnt really listen to rap more ac,dc matallica era and what not. im also not sure on an enclosure size yet in these cars theres a dip in the very back by the tail lights im thinking about glassing that out and making it flush to the rest of the "trunk" so im not sure how much usuable space id have im thinking atleast 2-2.5 cubes but i may hide the amp again not sure. just trying to get an idea of that amp on that sub.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

oh fuck ya.

nice equipment you are looking at there.

edit: just make sure you set your gain correctly, cannot stress that enough around hereeeeeeee. (smd)

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

pretty cheap set up over all little over 200. im planning on getting another ct sounds amp that comes with a 4g install kit that i dont need so ill prolly use that.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

That amp has subsonic filter so can be safely setup with an e8 in a ported box, setup your gains right as said and it will work, the recommended box specs are 0.5 to 0.75 cubic feet net tuned to 35Hz, in fact you can download a cutsheet directly from Sundown for that sub and start building right away.

That amp has subsonic filter so can be safely setup with an e8 in a ported box, setup your gains right as said and it will work, the recommended box specs are 0.5 to 0.75 cubic feet net tuned to 35Hz, in fact you can download a cutsheet directly from Sundown for that sub and start building right away.

joe are you single? have my children.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

Wanna ride bikes?

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

Do horns get low

ill end up doing something like this

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/car-audio/653314-my-fiberglass-sub-box.html

sept using an 8 in the middle and perhaps 1 areo on each side or just on large one. idk if i wana have the amp hidden or have it showing. might be cleaner to do a hidden compartment for the amp.

yeah and that glassed enclosure from that link looked huge.

just build a small ported box 0.75 cubic ft

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

i dont think its that big about what i figured 2- 2.5 cubes wich means i could easily glass that then make a partition for the sub and to hide the amp. the only issue i can think of with a hidden amp is cooling

i dont think its that big about what i figured 2- 2.5 cubes wich means i could easily glass that then make a partition for the sub and to hide the amp. the only issue i can think of with a hidden amp is cooling

that is true. you might need to make an amp rack with a fan or two. and in the partition where you mount the amp make sure there is a vent in front and behind the amp. it will help pull in fresh air and push out hot air

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

Archived