WhatsAminiTruck Posted November 27, 2013 Report Posted November 27, 2013 Okay... I'm going to be running two SA-12s on an SAZ-1500. I want what almost every newbie wants... a bit of both worlds. I want it to keep its SQ but still pound through the lows. All I really know is, I want to give them 100-200 rms more than their rated 600rms. What I don't know is, will this effect the "recommended" box specs of 2 cubic feet and tuned to 35hz? Will I have to change all of that? Going in a 96 dakota extended cab. I have the room for a "comfortable" 6 cubic feet. Current: Two SA-6.5s and two tweets in each door powered by an LA-4200, 240amp Mechman Alt, Two Memphis PR12s powered by an SAZ-1500.Waiting on my box to hook up my two SA-12s <3
Joe X Posted November 27, 2013 Report Posted November 27, 2013 You can give up to 1000WRMS each without any concerns just properly setup, 2 cubes net per sub 33-35 Hz about 55 square inches of total port area will work. If you listen to a lot of low tuned music go towards the 33Hz side.
WhatsAminiTruck Posted November 27, 2013 Author Report Posted November 27, 2013 What is low tuned music? Like rap? Current: Two SA-6.5s and two tweets in each door powered by an LA-4200, 240amp Mechman Alt, Two Memphis PR12s powered by an SAZ-1500.Waiting on my box to hook up my two SA-12s <3
Joe X Posted November 27, 2013 Report Posted November 27, 2013 What is low tuned music? Like rap? Like Rap yes. Anything hitting the upper 20s.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.