Sonic Electronix

*sticky* Free Tech support

I have a question. I just installed a pair of ID CTX components in my car. First I had the problem that the woofers were too deep for my doors, so I got spacers. Then the woofers were too wide to fit in the spacers, so I had to sand out the inside. That's all besides the point though. I wired everything up, but the wires and tweeters were really unclear which was positive and negative. I can't figure out which is which. I'm assuming I wired them backwards to begin with because the tweeters got louder after I reversed them both. So the question is what is a good way to check the polarity of tweeters?

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

• 2 weeks later...
I have a question. I just installed a pair of ID CTX components in my car. First I had the problem that the woofers were too deep for my doors, so I got spacers. Then the woofers were too wide to fit in the spacers, so I had to sand out the inside. That's all besides the point though. I wired everything up, but the wires and tweeters were really unclear which was positive and negative. I can't figure out which is which. I'm assuming I wired them backwards to begin with because the tweeters got louder after I reversed them both. So the question is what is a good way to check the polarity of tweeters?

they make a polarity check tool that I use.

Kinda strange that they werent labeled at all.

Off topic....... looks like I got behind on these answers..lol

I do try guys.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I replied.

Looks like you got it.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

fuse should be 12" from the battery.

you need at least 14awg wire goind to the subs.

is your 4gauge copper or aluminum ???? what brand is it?

how long is your ground?

is your ground 4 gauge? is it a really good ground?

And lose the cap. Just my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a stumper(hopefully)... I've always been interested in trying to turn a car into a rolling PA system for a band, like say using a conversion van for the platform, with the idea of opening up the back doors of the van to house the system, subs sitting about 2-3 feet into the van. What I want to know is would there be any possible way to get a set up going to where you have 1/4" inputs going into the inputs of the amps for say two guitars, and then a 1/4" input for a bass guitar... then this brings about the question of mics. Currently this is all hypothetical, but i've been thinking about it for quite a while.

Ride - 2006 Scion xB

Equipment:

H.U. - Kenwood KDC-X793

Amps - Memphis 16-MC2.100

Memphis 16-MC1.1100

Front Stage - Memphis 15-MCC6 6.5 Components with silk dome tweets

Subs - Memphis 15-M310D4 10" Sub (x2)

Custom box 3.02 ft3 after displacement, tuned to 37 hz

Big 3

Second Skin Damplifier

Coming soon:

Kinetik HC1400

H.O. Alt

AudioControl three.1

most of the time it's done useign a pro-audio mixer..

Kinda liek a DJ mixer, jack whatever you want into it, and then send that output to your amps.

Piece of cake.

And good luck on stumpin me PAL. lol

But there's no fun in coming up with a mackie vlz16 and going out the rca outs... I would really like to do like 1/4" inupts in either door for wither of the guitarists and then one in the center for the bassist... but for vocals and micing the drums, yeah i see no other way than a mixer for that! hmmm......

Ride - 2006 Scion xB

Equipment:

H.U. - Kenwood KDC-X793

Amps - Memphis 16-MC2.100

Memphis 16-MC1.1100

Front Stage - Memphis 15-MCC6 6.5 Components with silk dome tweets

Subs - Memphis 15-M310D4 10" Sub (x2)

Custom box 3.02 ft3 after displacement, tuned to 37 hz

Big 3

Second Skin Damplifier

Coming soon:

Kinetik HC1400

H.O. Alt

AudioControl three.1

Got a quickie. Quick question that is. Im currently into a build in my 02 ranger edge supercab. Cant decide whether to upward fire my BTL 12's or forward fire them. I like the upward firing seeing as its louder but love the punch in your back of the forward firing. The upward firing you also dont feel quite as much in your seat as you would forward firing and upward is harder on the back window. Need thoughts or opinions on which direction to fire the woofers and the ports.

wc_zps9b224b53.png

Archived