Sonic Electronix

*sticky* Free Tech support

mehh, get back to work steve..  ;)

and no problem.. hell im just f'in around all day anyway right?? I dont do anything productive, haha..

I did it cause i know when im in a jam and cant get ahold of anyone, it sux bad.. Hell i wish i had some free tech, when i was starting to do it myself.. dim haha..

yep off to work for me.........................yeah......................great................ yeah right..

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Is your dodge ext cab or quad cab?

pics?? what are you wanting to put in there??

Its the Quad Cab.  I was hopin to drop either dual 10's or 12's.  I'm not looking for comp SPL, just something that can crank out some sound internally.  The subs will be FI's and be powered by a Hifonics Brutus 1500d (already own).  The biggest issue is space. 

Being that I don't know anyone in town that glass's, i'm guessing my only option is to replace the center console.  Thoughts?

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

unless you have measurments, i will have to go get a truck and check it out..

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Nope, can't fit a wedge.

Ray, the console is 14 wide by 9 tall by 21 deep.  The height includes the 1.5 inches of clearance underneath the console to the bottom of the truck.  Unfortunately, the seats are bolted to the console, so I can't raise the console more then 2 inches to gain more clearance for the sub surround.

As far as the rear seat goes, check out this site and look at box D0364 (third up from the bottom).  That is the exact measurement of under the rear seat.

http://www.savvycenter.com/dodge/specific.htm

o yeah i know that box.. sorry guys i was at the dentist getting a tooth pulled.. wisdom.

he said it was the hardest tooth he has ever pulled... he yanked and pry on it for 55 minutes..

needless to say my jaw hurts like crazy.

as far as that enclosure.  You can glass the bottom, maybe even just cut out some of the sheet metal, and get an fi in there.. like a q? or what.. if its the ssd's i would see too much of a problem.

Damn..sounds like the next couple of days will be filled with Vicadin  :D

So without knowing anything about glass, or knowing anyone locally that does glass, do you know of any creative type enclosures that would work?

I'm even trying to find a way to extend the console back to the back seat (adds about 10 inches in depth) but it still doesn't cure my clearance problem between the downfiring sub and the vehicle chassis.  ERRGGGG....having a truck really can suck!

well i have built enclosures inside of center seat consoles before.. basically rip all the foam out except a little bit and glass in there..

this project might be a little hard for a first timer..

give me a couple days, ill see what i can come up with.

Archived