Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

*sticky* Free Tech support


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey Ray. I got a problem that's been annoying me since I hooked up my subs.

I drive a 2000 Chrysler Town and Country with 2 JBL 10's on a 1500 watt mono block powering them. Once I hooked them up, my speakers would clip whenever the bass would hit, not completely sure about what hertz but it sounds like my car speakers were trying to play lows.

I only replaced the 2 door speakers in the car but before I had the subs hooked up, they played fine. Could you help me?

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

hey i recently hooked up an amp and sub to the stock headunit using an energy high level converter, and every time i turn off the ignition the subs seem to rumble for a bit until all the power id drained out of the converter. is this due to a bad ground? i grounded the converter off of the stock headunit. any help would be appreciated!

Posted

i was just wondering if you can remove the center section of the bench seat in an 2001 chevy 2500 or if i would have to get like tahoe seats

Posted

Hi, I have a set of cadence CS2.65k component speakers i am wanting to put in my jeep. My question to you is, (since i have factory amplifiers on each stock speaker), would i run the stock wiring into the amplifier first, then into the crossover. then out to the speaker? Or would i do this the other way around? Or is this a possibility? Sorry if it seems like a silly question, but i had to ask for fear of blowing something up that i would like to save. I appreciate any help that could be put for ward too me! Thanks alot

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted

I have an issue with blowing speakers. I have Focal KRX2 for front on a Arc Audio 2150SE amp and Focal KR2's in the rear with a ARC Audio KS300.2 a Cerwin Vega Stroker 12 dual 4 ohm on a Arc Audio KS1200.1 and a Rockfor Fosgate 360.3 processor. My problem is I blew 2 sets of front tweeters, one set of 6.5 in rear and 1 sub. Someone told me it was because the processor was creating more voltage then needed and that's why I keep blowing them. Is this true, or just a crappy install and crappy tuning? I have since taken the processor out and had the amps tuned to sound great. Does a processor really make that much of a difference in SQL?

Posted

every once in awhile my speedo on my 2005 chevy 1500 reads 30-50 mph in park then gos up from there as i gain speed i.e if it starts at 30 then when i get up to 55 i am doing 85 on the speedo. it only dose this off and on some times it is right on. recently i pulled the cluster apart to put some LED's in it and when i put the needles back on i just zeroed all the needles maybee that was it idk

Posted

can someone move my thread from -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/162748-new-car-means-new-build/ and put it in the members builds section? please and thank you my fault for not paying attention....

2001 is300Headunit: JVC KD-X50BTHighs/Mids: StockHigh/Mids Amp: NASubwoofer: DC Audio LV4 12"Subwoofer Box: DLDesigns Box tuned to 32HzSubwoofer Amp: AQ 2200DElectrical: NA Performance:SRT Racing intake with ECUHKS Super Dragger 2BC Racing Coilovers

BC 264 stage 2 cams

full head build with BC Valves, Retainers, and springs

Dezod Green Race Header Comming soon/Thinking about<p>Electrical: XS power under the hood (Suggestions Welcome)​Performance: BC Cams,Cam gears, maybe GTE Swap down the lineMy YouTube Channel Subscribe and i'll return the favor!Xbox Live Team Website.My First Official Box Build.My FacebooK

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

i was just wondering if anyone knew if a rockford fosgate p700.1bd could be run at .5 ohm i know if can be run at 1ohm i just figured i would ask before trying and maybe ruining fifty bucks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 825 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...