Help me pick a motherboard guys!

I was also going to recommend an ASUS mobo. If you are set on using 1 card, maybe you might consider a Micro ATX, sometimes I noticed that a few mATX boards had lots of the more expensive options from the larger boards, but less space for cards. It's not all bad that means more room for your hard drives and PSU, and more room for fans maybe?? lol.

If you think the other ASUS is too expensive, I recommend this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131877

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Actually, i took some advice, and did some research and found that that 8 core does about as well as a I3 on most games. So I will be just gettig an i5 @ 3.0 or 3.2 and calling it a day. Thanks guys

Good man ;) I wanted to pull that card but didn't want to start a butthurt war.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Lol. After I did some reading I was quite saddened by the current state of And. I've always been a fan if their stuff.

Anyway, I figure 4 cores will be easier to keep cool and be less power consumded.

Also, thank to the person that gave me the tip. Saved me from making a less than optimal purchase

There are some very good reasons to take the AMD over an i3.

In short, any programs that use multi cores will perform better.

The i3 will have minimally better performance, albeit situational, in some single core applications.

Consider the FX 6300 that has 6 cores (which is really a better comparison to an i3 than an 8 core 8350). It's very close to the i3 on power consumption, and the performance for threaded or multi core applications will be well beyond what the i3 can do.

It's good you're not just making a case full of trendy shit like a lot of folks do. Take your time like you seem to be.

There are some very good reasons to take the AMD over an i3.

In short, any programs that use multi cores will perform better.

The i3 will have minimally better performance, albeit situational, in some single core applications.

Consider the FX 6300 that has 6 cores (which is really a better comparison to an i3 than an 8 core 8350). It's very close to the i3 on power consumption, and the performance for threaded or multi core applications will be well beyond what the i3 can do.

It's good you're not just making a case full of trendy shit like a lot of folks do. Take your time like you seem to be.

I hear ya, i was torn between the 8 core and the a10-6800k, but i looked at what i actually need from it, and it looks like the intel comes out on top. As far as raw rendering power and gaming performance. I did discover that my heatsink on this q6600 was packed again. We burn wood for heat and have two cats so it is a dust magnet. Anyway, cleaned up the heat sink and i can now play D3 and stream decent enough on this computer. But, i would like more overhead.

Long story short, if the 4 core 2.4 with 4gig of ram and a single 9600 can run and stream d3 and my web cam, the i5 @ 3.0 with 12 gigs of ram and a more modern card shouldn't even break a sweat. :)

Got to 5.0 on my 2500k with a custom waterloop. Then got to 5.2 once I lapped the processor. Lol those things were beast. You can get the Cooler Master 212+ for a good cheap heatsink that will let you clock it pretty good. Or you can simply buy it and not overclock if you want to keep things cooler.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Archived