Dude2800 Posted November 28, 2013 Author Report Posted November 28, 2013 So anyways, I'm looking to get the most out of my subs I have now. I know there are better things out there, but this is what I have. Green is my current setup, blue is the extremely large bandpass I'm looking at building and yellow is a third sub I'm planning on adding to try and make up for the loss on the upper sub frequencies. The two subs in the bandpass are on 300 watts total and the third will be on 200. On my current setup I have a 10 on 200 watts picking up the higher sub frequencies that is not on the graph. Is it worth my time or should I just wait until I can buy more equipment?
Joe X Posted November 28, 2013 Report Posted November 28, 2013 Wasting your time, 8 cubes ported 2.75 sealed for a 300W setup is insane. If you have all that space just go for cone area, 2 15s ported can fit in 8 cubes net, no rolloff in the midbass region, a couple of these if looking for output: http://www.soundqubed.com/HDS215_p_223.html Just look at the price.
Dude2800 Posted November 28, 2013 Author Report Posted November 28, 2013 Thanks I was kinda thinking that once I did the math. I'm honestly thinking about using what I got for highs an mid bass and doing what I should have done to begin with, get a good alt an extra battery and a 1200 or 1400 watt amp with a couple of decent 15's. It seems like a lot of work for only a 10db gain, but I figured I'd ask.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.