Second Skin Audio

Would u rather get low or get loud?

David Mears

I'm still challenged about this Black Fi day sale and am narrowed between 2 choices. The sp4 18( will get very low and has great sound quality) vs 2 bl 15s (will get loud, come area is greater, but the max is half of the sp4, so the sp4 18 has more volumetric displacement than the 2 15s) am I doing math wrong? And I hear the 15s will go low as well, just not as low. The 18 won't get the highs that well. I think the bls are a sq/spl sub. I hear the sp4 is like sex to the ears tho. I kno tuning has a lot to do with tones but facts are facts, the sp4 has more Xanax it will will low and nasty

Why won't the BLs get as low?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

The xmax of the bl is 19 while the Xmax of the sp4 is 33. I was reading scientific forums and they were saying Xmax is what makes the lows crunch and is part of the formula for volumetric displacement. The sp4 pushes more air according to the formula but the sensitivity is lower which I hear is better higher up. I have never heard either in person so I don't know. I have heard the bls can get low too! Idk I guess the sp4 just would be lower. Apparently everyone likes lower

I doubt you'd notice a difference. I would just put the BLs in a proper box. They have more combined cone area and motor force.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I doubt you'd notice a difference. I would just put the BLs in a proper box. They have more combined cone area and motor force.

They have more cone area but what about the 18 being able to go 14 mm further? Since the subs go up and down that prolly makes more airflow. But the 2 bls would have more motor force

Archived