Looking to run Crescendo pwx 10s as "marine subwoofers" details inside!

soundsystemaniac

Has anyone on here run the crescendo pwx sets or ft1 tweeters on their boats? I have a set of the 8s and ft1s on my buddies 24ft boat. They sound awesome, and get really loud! But, being bassheads that we are, we want to add a bit of low end thump to the boat. We want to run a pair of 10s in a sealed enclosure made of starboard mounted to the t top. We only have like 150 watts at our disposal, and we are looking not to play like decaf or anything like that. Probably mostly house music and some rap. So, to sum it up, how do you think they would do as "subwoofers" playing from about 35/40 hz to 75 hz? The reason I am considering this is because they are on sale for 35 each, and our other option is doing a set of jl audio marine tens, which would be around 500 bucks lol. Suggestions anyone?

I'm sure they'd be fine, the only concern would be that fact the marine audio is water resistant, but if you mounted them up off the deck then sure.

You might try an enclosure where the speakers arnt visible to further protect from water (if its a concern) ie. bandpass or a basic horn.

Actually, I bet the PWX would sound great in a tapped horn becasue its similar to a pa style driver...

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

they would probably do fine, just dont know if they would give you the "low" end that you are looking for.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived