Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Opinions on 4th order design


hondakid1996

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys. I recently got a new car and am looking to do a new build. I'd like to try a 4th order just to see how I like it. I'm aiming to get fairly low (24ish hz) with good authority. I'm undecided on woofers as of now, but I have settled on 2 10's. The design I have so far is 1.5 cubes sealed and 2.75 ported tuned to 45hz with 20 square inches of port per cube. Is that a good start? Too much space? Not enough port? I'm just looking for input and pointers to help me get going. Thanks guys!

Posted

The first piece of advise is that you need to pick subwoofers that work well for the alignment then you can decide the rest.

Posted

Well, I've narrowed it to 2, possibly 3 woofers. The main 2 being re sex 10's or db drive k5 10's. The third option would be the new obsidian v3 10's, but I'm not sure I want to wait for them to come out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6164 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...