Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need some help with tuning.


Keveeno

Recommended Posts

Posted

I currently have 3 fi sp4 18's and I would like to do a b pillar wall with the three of them. I would like to get the most out of these subs so I need some help with the right tuning frequency.

For no I plan to do 2 in a wall as a temporary and then boxes for the 3 18's. I currently have 2 aq3500.1's (dual inputs) that I am going to be running for amps, for now till I upgrade. This is going to be a daily driver set up. I love hitting the lows like 31 hz lows but is that too low of a tuning frequency?

My main questions are what should the net volume be for each speaker to see in either build? What should I tune it too? How big should the port opening be for 2 18's? How big should the port opening be for 3 18's?

I am currently running 1 fi sp4 18 in a 7 cu ft net box, running off of 1 of the aq3500.1's at 1 ohm, box is tuned to 31hz, hitting a 147.7 at 38hz from the kick

Posted

If you only care for 30hz and up you can probably tune up to the mid to high 30s and still dig down to 30hz. Lower you tune, the more you lose your bandwidth

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

im tuned at 35 and i hammer from 45 and below.

sp4's would probably hammer even more on the lows.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

Quote
On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Posted

im tuned at 35 and i hammer from 45 and below.

sp4's would probably hammer even more on the lows.

how low can you play? Im doing a c pillar wall with 2 sp4 15s at 34hz, hoping to play down around 25-26

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

im tuned at 35 and i hammer from 45 and below.

sp4's would probably hammer even more on the lows.

how low can you play? Im doing a c pillar wall with 2 sp4 15s at 34hz, hoping to play down around 25-26
. How do those 15's sound at 34 hz? Hitting low lows?
Posted

im tuned at 35 and i hammer from 45 and below.

sp4's would probably hammer even more on the lows.

how low can you play? Im doing a c pillar wall with 2 sp4 15s at 34hz, hoping to play down around 25-26

i can play as low as i want my subsonic is set low... my subs dont bottom out until i start getting into anything far below 20. now i also only have two 2ks so it really depends on how much power you throw at them while they are playing that low. i can get away with it right now i think because like i said, just two 2ks not something crazy like two 4500s .......... yet.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

Quote
On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Posted

How do those 15's sound at 34 hz? Hitting low lows?

I'm also interested to know this answer. I'm building a box for a single SP415 and trying to nail the frequency I want. Thinking 33-34 but not 100%, want to get low but play all music.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6164 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...