Second Skin Audio

Burning Voice Coil Smell Help...

a21cuda

use 0db, both 40hz and 1khz on headunit. stick with lowest distortion free volume out of the two tracks.

use -5db on the amp.

The reason I didn't test it with the 1khz track is because I would have to pull the dash to get to the Headunit, and I don't really understand how to test the Headunit if you don't have an amp powering your speakers.

You can test your headunit through your amp, or just plug the RCA going to your amp into the dd-1. No need to pull it out of the dash. I feel like ive said this before

I can test the 1khz through my bass amp? Because I don't have a mids and highs amp.

use 0db, both 40hz and 1khz on headunit. stick with lowest distortion free volume out of the two tracks.

use -5db on the amp.

The reason I didn't test it with the 1khz track is because I would have to pull the dash to get to the Headunit, and I don't really understand how to test the Headunit if you don't have an amp powering your speakers.

You can test your headunit through your amp, or just plug the RCA going to your amp into the dd-1. No need to pull it out of the dash. I feel like ive said this before

I can test the 1khz through my bass amp? Because I don't have a mids and highs amp.

turn off the low pass filter on your headunit (if it has one) so it wont block the 1khz signal.

use -5db on the amp.

turn off the low pass filter on your headunit (if it has one) so it wont block the 1khz signal.

Wow, so it really will pick up 1khz through the sub amp if I turn that off?

Your sub amp will not pick up a 1khz signal if it is not a full range class d. Which I dont believe it is. Im pretty sure the manual tells you how to set yourheadunit when using head unit power if not the dd1 section does. Or you could just stop ignoring all the advice and set your gains right and be done woth it

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

do you have rca's going into your amp?

Yes, I have rca's going into my amp.

plug those rca's into the dd-1. also, set the amp with the -5db track.

Do you have this burning coil issue with the car running or car off?

Are you sure you don't have the coils wired out of phase?

Your sub amp will not pick up a 1khz signal if it is not a full range class d. Which I dont believe it is. Im pretty sure the manual tells you how to set yourheadunit when using head unit power if not the dd1 section does. Or you could just stop ignoring all the advice and set your gains right and be done woth it

I'm not ignoring any advice lol. I've said it several times before, I'm trying to do this without pulling the dash because it's a pain and these cheap ass dashes break easily

Archived