Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Burning Voice Coil Smell Help...


a21cuda

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well, I retuned the Headunit to -5db, and I wasn't able to use the DD-1 to test the Headunit at 1khz, but I listened to the 1khz track and was able to hear when it distorted. My LPF and HPF on the Headunit have no "off" option, but it had a "through" option which was what it was on the whole time, so I left it there. I tried plugging the rca cable of the amp into the DD-1 and nothing happened. I couldn't get the DD-1 to pick up a 1 kHz at all, but I was able to listen and find the distortion point at 1khz, and then I retuned my bass to -5db, and so far, it hasn't smelled like burning coil/glue again.

Posted

I retuned the Headunit to -5db

And what do you mean tuned the bass?

Posted

headunit 0

amps -5

bass boost off

no boosts in EQ. only cuts.

end thread.

Posted

I retuned the Headunit to -5db

And what do you mean tuned the bass?

I didn't mean to say I retuned the Headunit to -5db. I meant I set gain with -5db test tone. Found the max Headunit volume while using -0db.

Posted

Gotcha. Yeah sounds good to me

Just to verify: Problem solved?

Posted

Gotcha. Yeah sounds good to me

Just to verify: Problem solved?

I believe so, yes. At least as of right now anyways. Im still curious as to whether I smelled coil or if it really was just glue, because up until yesterday and today, the sub's suspension was still really stiff and it just started loosening up, the sub has never even got hot or hardly even warm, and I only have about a week of usage on the sub so it is still very new. Either way, the problem is solved, just am curious whether the coil was actually burning or just excess glue.

Posted

If you smell it its burning

In your last thread you were given advice and ignored.it. now you come back with the same problem ever think about tsking that advice

Your sub amp will not pick up a 1khz signal if it is not a full range class d. Which I dont believe it is. Im pretty sure the manual tells you how to set yourheadunit when using head unit power if not the dd1 section does. Or you could just stop ignoring all the advice and set your gains right and be done woth it

Dam N8, Why do you have to always be so rude to some of the new guys. I mean it's obvious the OP is no expert but trying to exhaust every avenue. You being a mod, should not give you the right to your arrogance all the time.

truthsayer

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3225 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...