Oil filter cap set - need buying advice

I been at jiffy lube and now express lube I'm the lower bay tech so I play with this all day. The set in this link is perfect as the ones fanatic posted are great for regular filters but if a canister cap is tight as hell you will or can crack cap. if you don't have the proper size but do have a band strap i put a rag on it and then onto that cap and turn itbut if the canister cap is been on forever you need one of those best even if it has the 3/8 drive in center you can use 1/2 drive sockets on outer part with a breaker bar. some of those caps also have a 3/8 bleeder in the middle that you undo and then stick the 3/8 drive rachet handle up into that hole and release pressure first then canister cap will come off easier.

always replace gaskets and oil them a little as well :turkey:

to add to it even if you have right cap with a breaker bar if a canister cap is really on there as your turning the tool will slide off canister cap and want to start rounding the pastic. if that starts happening put a rag on tool without folding it and put tool onto cap and gently tap it onto canister cap then once its settled start turning with a breaker bar a few turns then switch over t rachet. :detail:

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

When I use to work in a lube center when I was 16-18 I just grabbed them with a shop rag on my hand and turned (still do that to this day doing my vehicles).

If they are super tight from someone installing the new ones to tight, I have a spring loaded guy that grabs the filters by the bottom and fits on a socket wrench.

Cant personally stand those steel band, or rubber strap style wrenches since they dont fit well in many spaces to get a good turn since the room is limited.

They come in a small and large size iirc

G2198.jpg

There is also a style with 3 prongs, never used them so dont know how great they are tho.

239916-20121121061530-hopkins-adjustable

my bro in law has a three prong (different than that one but yeah) and other than having to hold the prongs against the filter till you get tension on it it works pretty good but recently i started using my gloves give me a few mins and ill have a pic

edit~ nvm cant find it (not where i left it in my tool box) but basically its a cotton (i think) glove with rubber coating the fingers and palm on the palm side

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

Archived