My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

Got the sub in and hooked up. Took my buddy for a ride and its louder!!!! AMP didn't even get warm.!! Almost over powers the fronts now. But that's only alpine type S running off a little 45 W amp.

As soon as I get the 125.4 hooked up to the RE XXX this thing should be even better :)

So next time I work on it I will be installing the amp.

Then the speakers next then the deck. One thing at a time though.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Ordered a 12" x 10" piece of polycarbonate so I can put a small window in my box so I can see the magnet and also for access to the inside of the box without taking the sub out. Its just a 1/4" thick and I will inlay it into the 3/4 MDF.

I didn't mount the sub inverted just because the box was so big in my truck that the sub would stick up past the rear window. I don't want to advertise too much what I have in the truck.

I will leave about 2" all the way around the poly so make the cut out in the MDF only 10" x 8" so I will have plenty of area to screw and seal the window.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Ok so I listened to the sub on the way to work and home today. About a 40 min drive listening to all different music. It sounds great. I can really feel the bass on this thing. After pounding it on the way home with decaf and other heavy bass rap the sub had no smell and the amp was just barley warm. I cant believe that it doesn't get hot or really even warm. The RE audio 10 I could get to smell a bit after this kind of play and the amp would get warm ( not hot but warm) This thing can really handle the power.

I did notice that full tilt on a big bass drops voltage would only dip into the 12.5 range for a sec then back up to over 13. I don't think that is too bad at all.

Still braking in the sub so not really pushing it too much for too long. YET :)

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Yes the alt is in. That was full tilt well maybe even a bit higher on Money Man :) I don't think that was a big drop from the reg 13.7-8 my car sits at when driving. I don't have a 14.4 charging system.

RE xxx are not in yet but just about everything is ready for install. Just waiting on RCA's then I can install the new HU and amp. Then the speakers will be fired up.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

So I need to do something to secure the box better. I don't like the way I did it. Will think about it for a bit....

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Your "small build" is solid. I like it. ...and Santa was good you you this year! haha

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Yes the alt is in. That was full tilt well maybe even a bit higher on Money Man :) I don't think that was a big drop from the reg 13.7-8 my car sits at when driving. I don't have a 14.4 charging system.

RE xxx are not in yet but just about everything is ready for install. Just waiting on RCA's then I can install the new HU and amp. Then the speakers will be fired up.

Cool! Can't wait to hear what you have to say about them. .. It will probably be the deciding factor of I get them or crescendo. Got my 125.4 ordered tho!

Cool! Can't wait to hear what you have to say about them. .. It will probably be the deciding factor of I get them or crescendo. Got my 125.4 ordered tho!

Shoot you live close to me. When I get it done you can hear them for yourself.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived