My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

Truck looks like it bangs hard man. Now ya need to fiberglass them doors to finish it off! Love it though.

Truck looks like it bangs hard man. Now ya need to fiberglass them doors to finish it off! Love it though.

Your right. I am getting tired of looking at it. It looks like crap right now. I will get going on it soon.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Dont be affraid of that fiberglassing. Its really pretty easy. You seen my kicker panels and Jneils doors. We are both first timers and look how well it turned out. YOU CAN DO IT!

Dont be affraid of that fiberglassing. Its really pretty easy. You seen my kicker panels and Jneils doors. We are both first timers and look how well it turned out. YOU CAN DO IT!

I am not scared,, I just need to build it in my head a bunch of times then just go out and do it.

So I am going to remove the brown plastic on the door panel and transfer it to a 1/2" Mdf. I will shape it to the panel and round the corners. I will then cut two speaker rings that have an inside diameter of the speaker grill and make small stick to hold them in place and use hot glue to hold them. Then I will stretch and staple fabric to the rings and to the MDF and shape it the way I want. Then take resin and spread it on the fabric. I will use some nice screws to hold the MDF to the door itself and also screw it to the door panel. Then after it dries I can take off the door panel and reinforce the rear with fiberglass matt. Then fill, sand, fill , sand, fill ,sand. Then decide of I want to wrap it in brown vinyl or paint it.

How does that sound??

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I appoligize for implying you where affraid! You have a well thought out plan of attack. Cant wait to see finished product of showcasing those XXXs!

I appoligize for implying you where affraid! You have a well thought out plan of attack. Cant wait to see finished product of showcasing those XXXs!

I didn't take it like that at all. I have thick skin and very relaxed when it comes to stuff like that. No need to apologize man.

I always go through a build process in my head first to work out any problems I will run into. Once I have all the steps down then its time to start building. I just want to do it once and not F it up by rushing it or messing up the steps. Never don't this before and real excited to see how I do.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I hear ya! I do the same! I have to have the visual right and a great plan in my head before tackling the next project upgrade. Then i am still slow to finish, my box still isnt done! lol And fiberglassing door plan is on my mind also.

I respect your methods and look forward to seeing your design. Worked 16 hrs yesterday & still recovering today. Hard way to start the week but damn good on the paycheck. Union wages way high up here in AK.

I belong to a union and get paid pretty good when I am working. LOL I install acoustical ceilings, wood ceilings, sound wall panels, wood walls etc. Been doing it for 22 1/2 years. Work has been slow for the last 6 months and my wife lost her job in July last year. I had to make some sacrifices so we can pay bills and raise two boys. I had a 66 Chevelle but just sold it about 3 weeks ago and used the money to pay off my home equity loan. We used my wifes severance package to pay off our 2nd mortage and put the rest in the bank.

We are now debt free except for our house payment and all the fucking bills you have to pay to live. So all I have to do is get 30 hours a week and I can pay the bills and anything over that can go into savings. As soon as the boys get older my wife can find a job working outside the home. She was an insurance underwriter and worked from home making real good money for the last 20 years. Its weird having half your income go away. Anyway we are surviving and car audio is keeping me busy and giving me something to do. I have had to sell a few guns I had to purchase the amps, subs and well everything just about.

Wow kinda went on a who is oldsoundguy LOL... Name is Kevin BTW

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Did a little heat test today. Rocked my system home after work. About 35-40 min real close to full tilt. It was fun. Any way got home and moved the seat forward and the bass amp cool as a cucumber lol and the 4 channel was warm but not hot and it was the entire amp and not just the back like the CT Sounds. The CT Sounds 125.4 did get hotter than the Soundqubed 120.4 but really no difference in sound quality or power from what I can hear. Still happy to have matching amps and subs. lol

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Kevin, good to meet you. Names brett, i am a pipelayer/labor( install under ground utility's, Water, Sewer, & Storm.) and work 6+ months a year. I got 20 yrs in the union and 7 yrs from retiring. Soon to be wife is in banking and makes ok money.

Sorry to hear your slow at work and your wife lost her job. Hard times and i feel for ya bro. Also to have the sell the car must have been hard. Its my favorite muscle car and have always wanted one. Glad you found away to make ends work and still be able to play with car audio. Sanity is important, and i dont know about you but i get mine from playing in this hobby.

Cool that SQ amps are working out, I hope to time to play with the box this weekend. Keep ya posted on progress!

Archived