My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

The new 80prs is in. I think it sounds real good. No noise through the speakers like the Clarion did. Still getting used to all the features and setting it up to sound best to me. The only thing the clarion had that I wish this had was a HPF (subsonic) for the sub stage but it only has a LPF. Setting everything else up wasn't too hard. It allows you to mute each stage during set up so you can hear what each adjustment is doing to the sound. I really like that. I didn't use the auto eq or time alignment. I set it myself by measuring the speakers and setting it up manually. It works great.

20140814_124732_zpsri1k7biv.jpg

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

And you can turn it all the way up to 62 with no clipping!! 4.7ish Volts with less than .01% THD @ 62 volume.

I agree it takes a little getting used to as far as settings and all that, but even with the learning curve you'll love every minute of that thing... I know I have!

I have a good drive to work tomorrow so I will be able to get a good sense of what it sounds like. In my OCD messed up world I will need to hear this deck with all three different sets of speakers I have just to see what they sound like. I know this deck sounds different than the other pioneer I replaced it with so I need to find out what sounds best with this HU. It will be fun swapping out three different sets of speakers. Then after all that I will have to install the other deck one more time to do a good comparison of the two and what they sound like. This is the part I like. Not just taking some ones word but actually trying different set ups to see what each will do in the same space. Will report my honest opinions. Doesn't mean anything really just what my truck sounds like. Still fun to me though.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Ok so got home and pulled the pass door panel off. I needed to get to the tweeter. I had one of the magnets come loose and it was rattling. So I purchased a set of AQ tweets (same tweet) from ebay for 5 bucks cheaper than the soundqubed ones. Hey its 10 bucks lol.

So I pulled the tweet pod and removed both tweets. I will install both of the AQ tweets in there with their cover. I am giving the mounting piece the same treatment as my box and door rings. My wife is grabbing me another can of paint for me while she out. I like the AQ logo better than the soundqubed so I just bought another set to replace the other side and mount them the same.

So as for speakers. I played with the setting on the way to and from work and just couldn't get the front stage to sound right. I was about to give up on the deck and put the other one back in but I installed the new soundqubed 2 way coax speaker to give them a listen and son of a B if they don't sound awesome. Mid bass is crazy good and that was just the two in the drivers door. It will even sound better with all the speakers in place. The only thing I didn't like was the grill that came with them and the green center tweet cover. So I used the AQ grills I got with the AQ 3 way sets and then took a black sharpie and colored the green black. Looks much better.

Just got the paint so had to run down and put another coat on the tweet mounts. Then when it dries I will hit it with clear and install. Should look better than the black fabric. I was thinking of wrapping them in the black vinyl but paint is just easier.

20140815_143454_zpsbhcebm9c.jpg

20140815_143558_zpsbiey7mms.jpg

20140815_143650_zpsb5ctindr.jpg

20140815_143757_zpsr7p3gnqk.jpg

20140815_143825_zpsjhf850cr.jpg

20140815_144202_zpssn9bf9jr.jpg

20140815_144314_zpsacersmhj.jpg

20140815_144333_zpsoagxpket.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Alright just got in from installing the tweets, door panels and soundqubed 2 way speakers. I really like the look of the AQ logo. I would love to get a couple for my subs. Anyway it sounds amazing. I am really happy with the way it sounds now and can hopefully relax and enjoy the system now. lol

20140815_170230_zps1xhm7g97.jpg

20140815_170222_zpskr2lhyac.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

So just to make the subs match the speakers and tweets with the AQ logo I taped off and painted the soundqubed logo and order AQ vinyl stickers for the dust cap. I have to see how well they will stick just because of the texture of the dust cap and if the vinyl will stretch and not bubble up when applying. I will try one and if it doesn't work I will make a negative of the sticker and use it as a template to paint the logo on.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Ok so since I am putting AQ logos on my speakers and cleaning up the interior I plan on putting some second skin black damplifer over the soundqubed deadener only were you can see it just to clean it up since I wont be putting the rear panels back on. It looks cool but the green just kills it for me.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Really liking the look of those AQ speakers.. I would've done the same for the green on there too. Haha.

Doors look damn good too. Nice work!

But I will say I did like the tweets a bit more when they were covered in the grill cloth. Just my opinion, but who am I lol.

At any rate it's all looking really good man, and I love that you are doing it all AQ! It's like old school, so it's fitting for oldsoundguy, it just works :D

So today I pulled the 80prs and put the 8600 back in. I am a creature of habit and just like the control on the 8600 better. Its just simple were the 80prs has a lot of features. For an old guy like me the 8600 does what I need it for. So I put it up for sale. I am going to use the money to help buy an older motorcycle to maybe café it out.

If your looking for a nice deck check it out in the for sale section. :)

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

So I am starting to sell the left over speakers I have tested out in my Toyota. I am selling the pro audio 6.5s which are loud and clean if that's what you are looking for. The super tweets and my 80prs. Just trying to make some of my money back. Yes I am loosing money but I needed to know what everything sounded like to me in my little truck.

I am getting real close to being done with my build. I should get my new AQ tweets soon and as soon as they are installed I will be done. Wheew I had a great time building this system and have so much more knowledge from this forum. Got great advise and tested a lot of different speakers, subs and amps. I finally have a system that I am proud of that I put together myself. Thanks for all the support and encouragement along the way.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived