My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

I ran out today before the game starts here and whipped up a quick battery box. I will mount it behind the sub box. I had an extra little piece of 1/2" polycarbonate left over so I cut it to mount to the top to protect the battery terminals just incase something drops over the top of the box.

20170107_164245_zpsnjdnzys6.jpg

20170107_164258_zpsbgzgxdgr.jpg

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Got off my ass today and installed the battery, ran the power wire, installed the new relay (with internal diode) and got it all playing again. That was a lot more work than I had anticipated but its done. I started by taking out the amp and sub box. Pulling the 4 gauge power wire. I ran the new 0 gauge power wire under the truck along the frame then up through the rear extra cab floor using a water tight bulk head connecter. I ran the ground from the battery down though the rear floor, through a water tight bulk head and to the frame. Then I went from the amp through the floor and to the frame. I wanted to take the ground from the amp to the rear battery but I ran out of wire and had enough to go to the frame.

I attached the battery box to the rear of the sub box so its real secure. I still need to fabricate the poly top piece for the battery and I forgot the inline fuse from the rear battery to the amp. Duh!!

20170108_171649_zpsuatvn8s4.jpg

20170108_171529_zpse3qrw5yn.jpg

20170108_171541_zpsn6q3uzxx.jpg

20170108_171609_zpsogmqw2ni.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Yes full power no doubt. Now I need to get my VM-1 wired back up to see how well everything is running. I do want to purchase a couple of the OM-1's so I can monitor the mids and sub. Steve has a pretty cool triple mount for the meters that I want. Its the same one in the 99 yota build that Steve started for one of his shop guys. He made some bad ass speaker adapters. Wish I had access to a cnc machine like Steve has. I really cant wait for the next update on that build cause he is going to be installing kick panel speakers. I have been thinking about this but don't want to loose too much room for my clutch. I don't want to be kicking the speaker all the time. Then sometimes I carpool with guys and they don't seem to GAF about kicking shit. I tell them all but some listen and some don't. It makes me want to just take the seat out and have not room for anyone. lol

Next plan is to get the inline fuse installed from the rear battery to the amp and get the poly top put on the battery for protection. Then onto the damn doors. I have the FAST speaker rings but I don't want to put the foam inside the door. I will just use the rear ring and front ring and I will purchase the speaker tweakers from second skin to install on the inside of the door to direct the sound waves. The reason is I live in the great NW and it rains all the Fing time so the foam will get wet. I plan on wrapping the rear foam ring around the top in sound deadener to help keep the moisture off of them.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

When i use the acoustic foam and i am doing the inside of the doors i do my normal 85+% coverage. When i go too install the fast ring pad in the door(for back wave) i place it thru the speaker opening and mark out where it goes. Remove it and cut the foam circle out of the inner door. Clean deadening and stick fast ring inside door. Use roller to adhere it good.  

Thats ok, thinking about ordering the ct 6.5 to run as a mid bass. LOL i hate mix matched equipment!  

19 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

When i use the acoustic foam and i am doing the inside of the doors i do my normal 85+% coverage. When i go too install the fast ring pad in the door(for back wave) i place it thru the speaker opening and mark out where it goes. Remove it and cut the foam circle out of the inner door. Clean deadening and stick fast ring inside door. Use roller to adhere it good.  

Thats ok, thinking about ordering the ct 6.5 to run as a mid bass. LOL i hate mix matched equipment!  

I want to do the second skin one just because I don't want the foam to become water soaked.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Just played it about an hour to work. Not sure if its just a placebo effect but it sounds better??

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Yep truck slams pretty good for an 8 inch sub. I am going to be buying more stuff for my door. I placed the order for the speaker pads from secondskin. They are 30% off right now so it saved me the shipping cost. I sent Eric from second skin and email about maybe getting a discount on some overkill for my doors and some butyl rope. The butyl rope will be to seal the door speaker adapter to the door.  I have them deadened really well but I think adding the overkill to the inside along with the speaker pad should make the speakers in the door sound quite a bit better. I will also put a layer on the door panel side to help with vibrations. It needs to be solid and will be solid.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Sounds like you got a good plan to make them solid. I am sure the extra battery is boosting your amperage and making everything a bit louder and possible clearer. Right on, glad its a good improvement. Nobody like to go backwards when trying to upgrade. 

6 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Sounds like you got a good plan to make them solid. I am sure the extra battery is boosting your amperage and making everything a bit louder and possible clearer. Right on, glad its a good improvement. Nobody like to go backwards when trying to upgrade. 

Only negative I found was on the Rockford amp they have a Punch EQ for channel 1-2 then one for 3-4 and one for the sub. If I turn up the eq on the 1-2 where I have the front stage wired to it cant take the same volume as the sub with out distortion.  I need to turn it back down. I have the sub punch eq set to half but I have the bass knob to adjust the bass level. I wish I had the same kind of knob for the front so I could blend them in. The only problem with that is that I will be knob dicking all the time. LOL

When I get the CT sounds 5.25's installed I will set them up at 0db with no punch eq then set the sub again at -10DB with no punch eq. I think it adds too much distortion.

Ya my doors suck right now. The RE's are just too much for them right now. I think if I had them by themselves with the overkill and fast rings they would sound so much better. Only thing is they put out so much bass you pretty much loose it when the sub is hitting. That is one reason I wanted to tone down the mid bass from the front stage and let the sub do its job. I just want crystal clear vocals and highs from the front with out the door vibration. I think the plan I have will do nicely and give the front a nice warm high clear sound. Well hopefully. Might have to try out some different speakers. LOL

We should start shipping speakers to each other to try them out. I would be up for that.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived