My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

Well my rockford amp has a built in dd-1 so set up is pretty simple. 

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I got an email response from rockford and I was correct about the punch level eq. It is a 0db to 18db boost @ 45hz so turning it up will intoduce clipping so it should stay off if I set the gain @ -15db . 

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Got home today and my speaker tweakers from second skin showed up along with my correct right side speaker adapter. Now all I need is the closed cell foam which is supposed to show up next Wed. I want the door speakers to sound as good as I possibly can.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Well thats true but it's a good excuse not to start yet also. Still freaking cold outside. Lol

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Crap got off an hour early so I decided to get started on the doors. I took off the door panel I made and cleaned up around where the new speaker adapter mounts. I put it on and wired up the CT sounds speaker just so I could hear it. I think its going to sound good. I did the back and fourth and as it didn't have as much mid bass as the RE and the soundqubed (I have had both of them wired up for the last few weeks)  I think it will be good. I am sure it will sound better also when the tweaker pad and the closed cell foam is installed.  I didn't have the tweeter installed when I played it. I installed the tweeter after that and played just the tweeter. So I have two soundqubed tweets in the upper door of the drivers side and had the one CT sounds in the new door pillar pod. The door pillar pod sounded just as loud as the two in the upper door. I am sure it has to do with being on axis aiming right at me compared to the drivers door aiming at the steering wheel.

Ok so after I test fitted the CT sounds speaker I found that I needed to add a 1/4" spacer. I used the 1/4" polycarbonate and made two speaker rings. I used superglue to attach them to the adapters. It should work out well. I also plan on installing the RE audio tweeter just above the 5.25 speaker in the door panel. Alright here are a couple pics from today.

20170113_124128_zpstjeh5za0.jpg

You can see that its touching the window track but with the spacer it will be perfect.

20170113_124153_zpshtneyl5x.jpg

20170113_153255_zps1xy80gt6.jpg

20170113_153309_zpsjrsznpsb.jpg

20170113_153422_zpszymu6ael.jpg

20170113_153446_zpsehhqfxdq.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Grille looks good on the door panel. And yes foam will help the mid-bass some, hard to tell how much. Are you planning on running 4 tweeters total?

I got my 5.25" FAST RINGS in today so i am ready to go either 5.25 or 6.5. I used my Tesa tape that came in today and i have to say its the shit, super light, flexible, easy to use. Feel stupid for using electrical tape all these years. Bought both of amazon and took 2 weeks to get here. Always hit and miss with them shipping up here. 

Yes I plan on running 4 tweeters total. Two in the door panels above the CTs and one in each door pillar. I figure the two in the door pillars will be on axis and the two in the door panels will add to the CT 5.25 speakers like a two way speaker? I need to be sure because I need to cut a hole in the panel for the tweeter and once that's done there is no going back unless I just not have it wired and just leave it in for looks.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

2 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

Grille looks good on the door panel. And yes foam will help the mid-bass some, hard to tell how much. Are you planning on running 4 tweeters total?

I got my 5.25" FAST RINGS in today so i am ready to go either 5.25 or 6.5. I used my Tesa tape that came in today and i have to say its the shit, super light, flexible, easy to use. Feel stupid for using electrical tape all these years. Bought both of amazon and took 2 weeks to get here. Always hit and miss with them shipping up here. 

Ya that sucks about shipping up there to you. I always seem to complain when it take a week. lol I have had my fast rings for a while now and hope they do what they advertise.

I made friends with the electrician on the job I am at and he gave me some cool tape. I told him I have a tape fetish.lol  He gave me red, black, green electrical tape and some type of rubber tape that is 1/16th " thick. Real cool stuff. Its almost like rubber tape but has a sticky side? Hard to explain but really cool tape.  I don't know I have never seen it before but he told me this is the shit for electrical stuff. I asked him about tesa tape but he didn't know what that was. Must be an automotive style tape. I have some and used it on my workout equipment for better grip on the dead lift bar. He gave me a black electrical tape that he said was different then the red and green. Said it was way better. IDK but if he says so. Plus its all FREE my favorite. lol

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

3 hours ago, oldsoundguy said:

Yes I plan on running 4 tweeters total. Two in the door panels above the CTs and one in each door pillar. I figure the two in the door pillars will be on axis and the two in the door panels will add to the CT 5.25 speakers like a two way speaker? I need to be sure because I need to cut a hole in the panel for the tweeter and once that's done there is no going back unless I just not have it wired and just leave it in for looks.

I wouldn't run 4 tweeter in 2 different locations if your going for the best results. Tweeters in the Sail Panel will sound like your front stage is higher up. Tweeter by midrange will make for a lower sound stage unless you can pivot the tweeter closer to axis. I dont know how your ears will like it coming from 2 different locations, might make tuning harder. Maybe others with more knowledge will chime in.Your current set up with 2 tweeters in each door side by side is the best way to run multiple tweeter set ups IMO also.

Archived