My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

3 hours ago, oldsoundguy said:

Ya that sucks about shipping up there to you. I always seem to complain when it take a week. lol I have had my fast rings for a while now and hope they do what they advertise.

I made friends with the electrician on the job I am at and he gave me some cool tape. I told him I have a tape fetish.lol  He gave me red, black, green electrical tape and some type of rubber tape that is 1/16th " thick. Real cool stuff. Its almost like rubber tape but has a sticky side? Hard to explain but really cool tape.  I don't know I have never seen it before but he told me this is the shit for electrical stuff. I asked him about tesa tape but he didn't know what that was. Must be an automotive style tape. I have some and used it on my workout equipment for better grip on the dead lift bar. He gave me a black electrical tape that he said was different then the red and green. Said it was way better. IDK but if he says so. Plus its all FREE my favorite. lol

Ya its a auto motive factory harness tape, it the perfect shit for keeping the wires together and flexible. 

Ok thanks for the info on the tweeters. I was just going by what Steve did on the 99 yota build. They put the 5.25 in the door and the tweet right above it. But they didn't have one up higher. I will have to find a way to temp attach the tweet in that spot after the install and see what it sounds like before I make the cut in the door.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

7 hours ago, oldsoundguy said:

Ok thanks for the info on the tweeters. I was just going by what Steve did on the 99 yota build. They put the 5.25 in the door and the tweet right above it. But they didn't have one up higher. I will have to find a way to temp attach the tweet in that spot after the install and see what it sounds like before I make the cut in the door.

Double sided adhesive tape works well. I know close to midrange driver is the recommended way but the Sail panel helps raise the sound stage higher in the vehicle. Witch is where TA comes into play to get to sound the best. If you dont have that option on your HU then the door might be the better place to help blend the two nicely even if the stage in lower. You'll just have to play with it and see what you like better. I just dont want you to cut up then new panels and regret it! And If your going to cut it up lets get a 3-way in them doors! lol

2 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Double sided adhesive tape works well. I know close to midrange driver is the recommended way but the Sail panel helps raise the sound stage higher in the vehicle. Witch is where TA comes into play to get to sound the best. If you dont have that option on your HU then the door might be the better place to help blend the two nicely even if the stage in lower. You'll just have to play with it and see what you like better. I just dont want you to cut up then new panels and regret it! And If your going to cut it up lets get a 3-way in them doors! lol

Well if I do cut the door panel for a tweeter and don't like it I will be doing some custom door panels and doing a three way system. I think the RE's for mid/sub bass in the doors along with the CTs would be cool. Damn it I am trying to go simple yet sound good. Quit putting suggestions in my head. LOL  Well ya like I need you for me to change shit all the time. LOL I really don't have anything else going on so my truck system is getting all my attention. I really want to buy a new 80PRS.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

7 minutes ago, oldsoundguy said:

Well if I do cut the door panel for a tweeter and don't like it I will be doing some custom door panels and doing a three way system. I think the RE's for mid/sub bass in the doors along with the CTs would be cool. Damn it I am trying to go simple yet sound good. Quit putting suggestions in my head. LOL  Well ya like I need you for me to change shit all the time. LOL I really don't have anything else going on so my truck system is getting all my attention. I really want to buy a new 80PRS.

True... i know your trying to go simple. Sorry for putting idea's in your head! lol I just want you to be happy with your front stage. I think your RE for midbass would be the shit, just need figure out how and where to put it.

I have seen those kick panels for my truck but they want 199 bucks for them. I would have to build my own but damn if the RE's aren't deep mount speakers. They would stick out into my clutch foot area, Even with an 2 1/4" spacer from the door I still had to cut out for the magnet. They are too big. I need to build a box for the two of them and run them as subwoofers. LOL

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

You know what? I think I will build a sub box for them. I need to do some searching but I think I can come up with something. Would be good for the wifes car to add some bass. HHMMM got me thinking.....

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

9 minutes ago, oldsoundguy said:

You know what? I think I will build a sub box for them. I need to do some searching but I think I can come up with something. Would be good for the wifes car to add some bass. HHMMM got me thinking.....

Be careful.... those wife builds can get out of hand. But good idea make a small t-line for the two RE's. ? lol

Archived