My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

9 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Be careful.... those wife builds can get out of hand. But good idea make a small t-line for the two RE's. ? lol

Well I will have to take your advise on that as you have first hand experience. LOL 

Ya a T line would be cool but really I wouldn't know where to start. Need to do some more reading and searching.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

well we always take the wife's car everywhere we go so i had to sell her on the idea, and she fought me every step of the way but i won! lol Ya i dont know much about T-line boxes but it would be cool to research.

My daughter texted me last night and said she was dropping the SideKick by for the stereo install. I had to inform her that later this week would be good, but not this weekend. Prepping Lancer for paint, changing in from red to black so i got the door jams done weeks ago and did under the hood and engine bay today. I have inside the trunk area to do and then start blocking the body and fixing dings. I need to have it painted by mid Feb. so it can dry while i am in Vegas for a week. That way i can put it back together and have it ready for spring.

Wow that's cool a color change. Cant wait to see it.

Also cant wait to see and hear the sidekick. I am sure whatever it sounds like the daughter will be happy. Oh and VEGAS BABY!!! Have fun man... Well in a month....

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

4 minutes ago, oldsoundguy said:

Wow that's cool a color change. Cant wait to see it.

Also cant wait to see and hear the sidekick. I am sure whatever it sounds like the daughter will be happy. Oh and VEGAS BABY!!! Have fun man... Well in a month....

Ya i am not a fan of the RIO RED, might have been easier to change it to a Burgundy color and the black is a test to see what shade i like best. SideKick system should turn out good which ever direction i go with the front stage. I would like to have it for 3 days so we will see how it goes next week when i get it.

Ya my wife's and i solid retirement plan is to hit it big in VEGAS! lol Should be a good time, kinda of a tough year for us in all aspects and just glad 2016 is behind us, usually we go to Hawaii but this year a cheap trip to Vegas was all we could pull off. Be nice to spend the time with her alone. We got a Toy Poodle puppy 7 months ago and just got a 8 week old Toy Poodle 2 weeks ago to keep the older one company. Its working but since they sleep with us the old romantic time has declined considerable. But we love our puppies. Its kind one reason i am not bang out more shit in the garage. And i am old! lol

But my goals before this spring is: System in SideKick, Lancer painted and some system fixes, A-pillars for Malibu.

I wish I could do a color change on my Toyota. I don't like the burgundy color but buying used it had everything else I wanted. If I could do a color change I would go with the new tan color that Toyota painted on the new Tacoma. Just looks cool to me.

It would be a pain like you know. Toyota paints the engine compartment body color so It would suck to do a color change without pulling the engine.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Went out today and did part of the install. I installed the speakers in adapter with the fast rings then installed the speaker tweaker with shoe goo. I wiped down the door and pad with rubbing alcohol and it seems to have stuck pretty good. Then I installed the speaker and adapter in the passenger door. Then I decided to bridge that side on the amp to give it more power. It handled it just fine. So I went ahead and took off the driver side door panel and did the same. After that I went ahead and put sound deadener on the speaker adapters to make sure they were solid. Then with the door panels off I played with the settings and got it to sound ok. No it doesn't slam the mid bass like the RE's but that is what the subwoofer is for. I don't want to give my real opinion yet because I have some closed cell foam on the way. I will put it inside the door then seal the speaker hole you can see in the pic with sound deadening then put a layer of closed cell foam over that. Then I can install the door panel. I think that will change the sound for the better. It gets loud though. I will not be adding a tweeter in the door panel as there are plenty of highs coming from the tweeters. It must be because they are up higher and pretty much aiming right at my face. My closed cell foam is supposed to be here WED so I cant wait to see what the door will sound like then. I will have at least 3 days of listening  time before I install it so I will be able to hear a difference.

And I am not going to install the speaker grills to the door panel. I am not 100% sure these speakers are going to stay. I may be trying another brand of 5.25 speaker just because I can. lol

Oh yes I am running it bridged on the Rockford amp which puts out 250 W RMS @4 ohms x2  

20170115_133340_zpssgpgcwhk.jpg

20170115_133348_zpsom2gsn0q.jpg

20170115_133325_zpswvhm6wc4.jpg

20170115_133509_zps0qaopdid.jpg

20170115_144601_zpsmvbjpxma.jpg

20170115_144608_zpshefta8sv.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Nice review and install on these speakers. I see a new order of 5.25's in your future. LOL You might play with temp sealing that second hole up to help with midbass? Just  a thought, hopefully you can tune them to your liking. Thats a bit power to them, pretty impressed with that.

Yes the whole door will be sealed as soon as I get the closed cell foam installed.  I see new speakers in my future also now that I know they fit no problem with the stock door panel.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

So played on the way to work. I know the doors are not done yet but I have been able to tune it better. It is louder to my ears which is good. Need to play with the tweeters as they are just a bit harsh in the new position. But maybe thats something I will get used to. Otherwise cant wait to get the doors put back together so hear what it sounds like.

When I get home today I want to throw in one of The CT sounds passive crossovers to compare to the re's crossover. 

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

On the way home today I just couldn't get it to sound right. This morning I noticed the pass side tweeter went loud for a second then went quiet again. Its working but I think it might be F ed up. So when I got home today I decided to swap them out for the RE audio tweets. I put one in the pass door pillar and They just don't have that crisp high to them. So I took one for the soundqubed tweets and put it in the drivers side with the RE in the passenger side. Soundqubed tweet sound much better. So I cut a bigger hole in each door pillar pod and temp hot glued them in place. Then I took one of the RE crossovers out and put in the CT sounds cross over. Well looks can be deceiving but the CT sounds better then the RE crossover. It makes sense since its supposed to all work together. Then I went ahead and wired both sets to the front channels so they are getting about 100w each now instead of the 250. Might have just been too much for the set. I just listened to it in the driveway and it sounds better than before. Now I really need to get the closed cell foam installed and the door panels so I can really hear what it will be like.

So to recap I have soundqubed tweets in the door pillar pods, CT Sounds 5.25 meso in the door using the CT Sounds passive crossovers, wired to the front two channels of my Rockford Fosgate P1000X5 getting about 100W rms to each set. The rear is still the awesome DC M3-8 getting about 700w rms.

So now I have two rear channels not being used. What to do with them?? Most likely nothing. Maybe get a small mono amp and a two channel to replace the 5 channel. NAH I would rather buy more speakers to play with. LOL  I have never really been a fan of rear fill speakers but with two channels to play with and about 3 different set of speakers to play with I just might. IDK  Maybe put the RE audio XXX in the rear extra cab panels with tweets right above them? Install the soundqubed 6.5 coax or the AQ 6.5 3way coax?

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived