My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

Well I have some kind of short in the speaker wire on the passenger side. I thought I found it and fixed it yesterday but I came out for work this morning and its still there. Nice and quiet ride to work. 

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I have a physical today so iam at the docs right now waiting. Got here early so took off my door panel and found where the speaker terminals where touching the door ever so slightly. I rotated the speaker so the leads are straight up and everything is good to go. Cant wait for the ride home. 

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Sounds better now. Was able to play on the way home from the docs. I don't think I will ever be satisfied with it , but for now its good.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I think my next move will be Q-Logic kick panels and a set of 5.25 components to run in them. I may go for the JBL GTO509-C set just too see if they sound better in the doors than the CT's . If the JBL sounds better or just about the same as the CTs then one set in the door one set in the kicks with the better sounding in the door.
I just want it louder and need to use the rear channels of the amplifier.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

4 hours ago, oldsoundguy said:

I have a physical today so iam at the docs right now waiting. Got here early so took off my door panel and found where the speaker terminals where touching the door ever so slightly. I rotated the speaker so the leads are straight up and everything is good to go. Cant wait for the ride home. 

Nice easy fix. Always like those! Hate the gremlins when they show up after an upgrade.

44 minutes ago, oldsoundguy said:

I think my next move will be Q-Logic kick panels and a set of 5.25 components to run in them. I may go for the JBL GTO509-C set just too see if they sound better in the doors than the CT's . If the JBL sounds better or just about the same as the CTs then one set in the door one set in the kicks with the better sounding in the door.
I just want it louder and need to use the rear channels of the amplifier.

From what testing i have done i think the JBL's will sound better than the CT Sounds. I would use Y-cables off front channel unless the 1000x5 has a switch on it 2-4 channels for control. But if everything is off the front channels it might make it easier to tune and possible later on if you upgrade to a PRS-80 for T/A, ect. You will have to play with those options and see what you think is best?

Hopefully the doc say's your in good Health? 

38 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

From what testing i have done i think the JBL's will sound better than the CT Sounds. I would use Y-cables off front channel unless the 1000x5 has a switch on it 2-4 channels for control. But if everything is off the front channels it might make it easier to tune and possible later on if you upgrade to a PRS-80 for T/A, ect. You will have to play with those options and see what you think is best?

Hopefully the doc say's your in good Health? 

Yes my health is fine. The only thing that is wrong is I have natural high cholesterol. I have been put on statins before but don't like them at all. Everything else is good.

Yes my amplifier has a switch to make the four rca inputs on the amp front channel.

Well I think when I get paid on Wed I will be ordering a set of the JBL GTO509-C

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Well I got a price from sonic on the JBL for 140 so I just ordered them. I did find them on ebay for 24 bucks cheaper but Sonic has always done me right on price, shipping and returns. That is why they got my business.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Glad to hear your in good health. 

They look like pretty solid speakers. They are also one of few company's that make a component 6x9. That is pretty cool.

52 minutes ago, oldsoundguy said:

Well I got a price from sonic on the JBL for 140 so I just ordered them. I did find them on ebay for 24 bucks cheaper but Sonic has always done me right on price, shipping and returns. That is why they got my business.

Thats cool, they are still on amazon, Prime member $117. Just saying...  I think you will be happy with them.

Archived