My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

2 hours ago, oldsoundguy said:

They won't take them back because I was honest and told them I installed one speaker. If I would of lied and said I just opened them but didn't install they would have. Its all good. How else am I going to know what they sound like. I'm going to put them in the scion today after work. I have to get adapters for the front unless I can remove the stock speakers without messing them up.

Honesty is the best policy IMO. Plus now you found a use for them. LOL Alright back to the build, came in for a snack. I could use your help if you want to fly up after work! ha ha only a 3.5 hr flight.

I have dreamed of owning my own little helicopter. That would be bad ass to be able to just go out and jump in and fly where ever I wanted. Well I guess I will just keep dreaming. LOL

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

So what I am going to do for now is hang on to the JBL's and the CT's when I get them. I will wait until I can get the q-logic kicks and do another test of each speaker in that location. Never know what will sound better in the kick.  I still have the rear piece of the fast ring also that I could cut down to fit behind the speaker.  At least that gives me something to look forward too. Cant wait to be louder and be cleaner at the same time.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

10 minutes ago, oldsoundguy said:

I have dreamed of owning my own little helicopter. That would be bad ass to be able to just go out and jump in and fly where ever I wanted. Well I guess I will just keep dreaming. LOL

I had a boss that had a helicopter and would take us fly-in fishing. It was badass, following the river until you see a school of fish and then land on a sand bar. Every cast was a fish-on! With out dreams we are machines. 

4 minutes ago, oldsoundguy said:

So what I am going to do for now is hang on to the JBL's and the CT's when I get them. I will wait until I can get the q-logic kicks and do another test of each speaker in that location. Never know what will sound better in the kick.  I still have the rear piece of the fast ring also that I could cut down to fit behind the speaker.  At least that gives me something to look forward too. Cant wait to be louder and be cleaner at the same time.

Sounds like a good idea, being able to play with two different drivers to see what images best from the kick panels would be fun. Its hard to get a good mid-bass response from there because space is so tight. That was my experience before i cut all the metal away to open it up. I am betting the JBLs may perform better there. Gentlemen's bet of $1 sir?  

10 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Sounds like a good idea, being able to play with two different drivers to see what images best from the kick panels would be fun. Its hard to get a good mid-bass response from there because space is so tight. That was my experience before i cut all the metal away to open it up. I am betting the JBLs may perform better there. Gentlemen's bet of $1 sir?  

Your on!! lol I do agree with you though that the JBLs will most likely sound better in the kick but hey you never know.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

With postage rates there won't be much profit left from the bet! ha ha It will be interesting to see which you like better since it is all in  personal preference. Almost have dash mess cleaned up, but will have to stop to make dinner soon.

Well I ordered the speaker adapters for the wifes scion. Then the stockers can come out and new or new to her speakers can go in.

I ordered them from Crutchfield just because Sonic is being a bitch about the speakers.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

4 minutes ago, oldsoundguy said:

Well I ordered the speaker adapters for the wifes scion. Then the stockers can come out and new or new to her speakers can go in.

I ordered them from Crutchfield just because Sonic is being a bitch about the speakers.

Right on.. you'll have to start a build log on her car.

37 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Right on.. you'll have to start a build log on her car.

I hope it doesn't turn into a build. Just a speaker swap.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived