My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

That's my glass bead blaster. LOL  I bought it to blast all the parts from my 79 Suzuki gs 425 project.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Too funny, going blind in my older age. Look like a blue enclosure with 2 subs. Your garage is as clean as mine! lol Still a mess from daughters build. I take it the Q-logics didn't show up today? 

2 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

Too funny, going blind in my older age. Look like a blue enclosure with 2 subs. Your garage is as clean as mine! lol Still a mess from daughters build. I take it the Q-logics didn't show up today? 

If I can pull my truck in the garage then its pretty clean. Its full of stuff but everything is on wheels and can be moved into the middle to be used. I wish I had a shop cause with all my tools, motorcycle, wood working tools ect  it doesn't leave much room to work. I really cant get my truck all the way in but I can get it in far enough to be dry with the doors open.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

16 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

Sounds clean and clear to me. Plenty of Highs coming from those sail pods. I personally think you only need 1 set of tweeters and that seems to be a great location for now fabricating. Going to be really really nice with a bit extra mid from the kick panels when they show up. 

Great job man, way to transform a banging system into a well rounded clean system. Hat off to the 5 ch amp for helping produce a compact full stage system.

When the kicks show up I was going to install the mid driver and double sticky the tweeters on just to see what it would sound like.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

4 hours ago, oldsoundguy said:

When the kicks show up I was going to install the mid driver and double sticky the tweeters on just to see what it would sound like.

I Figured you would.

19 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

I Figured you would.

Well I have a line on a P150x2 off CL which would be just about perfect to run a couple of sets of tweeters off of. If I did that I would put a set in the A pillar and go active with that set up. But first things first I need the kicks and get them installed.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

6 minutes ago, oldsoundguy said:

Well I have a line on a P150x2 off CL which would be just about perfect to run a couple of sets of tweeters off of. If I did that I would put a set in the A pillar and go active with that set up. But first things first I need the kicks and get them installed.

I think your 5 ch is fine in 2 ohm mode, but that's me. I can only give my opinion from what i have learned. Tweeters don't need a ton of power if staged right, one set is usually enough, multiply mids close to each other are ok and can be T/A properly. And RF rates there Punch amps for 2 ohm and power for 1 ohm. I know simpler can be better, and if i had my lancer to do over there would be a 3-way active/passive front stage with no rear stage, Mids and tweeters high in the doors or A-Pillars. Mid-bass in kick panels or stock location in doors deadened to shit to handle the bass but not rattle to hell. Sidekick install was my best application of this knowledge but the Malibu sounds the best. Lancer the loudest.

So your saying to run everything off the 1000x5. Wire the two sets of ct 5.25 to 2ohms and run them off the front channels, or mids channel on network mode, then run the tweeters off the rear channels or highs in network mode. I could run two sets of tweeters and wire them to 8 ohms which would lower the power to them so it may just work.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

6 minutes ago, oldsoundguy said:

So your saying to run everything off the 1000x5. Wire the two sets of ct 5.25 to 2ohms and run them off the front channels, or mids channel on network mode, then run the tweeters off the rear channels or highs in network mode. I could run two sets of tweeters and wire them to 8 ohms which would lower the power to them so it may just work.

I would go ch 1 & 2 tweeters (2 ohm with gains turned down or 8 ohm for less wattage). Ch 3 & 4 wired to 2 ohm for 5.25's. Sub to 5 ch. All network for most power to mids. Again 1 set of tweeters should be enough but that is up to you. My T3 tweeters on 75 rms keeps up with my 500 watt mid-bass and 500 watt mid-range in the lancer and they are not even in the optimal location. Tons of ways to skin a cat. 

38 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

I would go ch 1 & 2 tweeters (2 ohm with gains turned down or 8 ohm for less wattage). Ch 3 & 4 wired to 2 ohm for 5.25's. Sub to 5 ch. All network for most power to mids. Again 1 set of tweeters should be enough but that is up to you. My T3 tweeters on 75 rms keeps up with my 500 watt mid-bass and 500 watt mid-range in the lancer and they are not even in the optimal location. Tons of ways to skin a cat. 

I like it!!  And yes I would have to agree with the one set of tweeters really. They JBL tweeters read out at 3.2 ohms so I would set the gain accordingly. Then turn it down a bit .The CTs are really mid range and not mid bass so highs are taken care of. I have just been doing some reading on setting up gains and test tones for an active set up. Also where to start with crossover points and oct/ slopes. Will be interesting if I can get everything set up to sound as good or better than using the passive crossovers.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived