hyboost09 Posted December 4, 2013 Report Posted December 4, 2013 Does the shape of a box make a difference in output? I need to get more CU and was wondering if I made side pockets if it would make it sound different or poorer? Like this Its in a wagon firing up. I can not do firing rearward as the box would be to big and the subs would be almost touching the rear hatch. Or would walling the car sound right if the speakers & port were above the seat. The subs are Atomic APX12's. Thanks for any advise
Joe X Posted December 5, 2013 Report Posted December 5, 2013 The shape of a box can have some effect but in most cases is not a primary factor as long as is built strong, weird shaped boxed can be weaker than their simpler counterparts so just bear in mind that. It's seems odd that you can't find space in a wagon for a couple of 12s firing back though.
hyboost09 Posted December 5, 2013 Author Report Posted December 5, 2013 Thanks for the reply. ITs a is300 wagon. it has a small trunk, even smaller than the sedan. and the hatch is a very tight angle so it doesn't leave a lot of room. I was really contemplating a wall. Like my second pic.
Joe X Posted December 5, 2013 Report Posted December 5, 2013 If you want to do a wall you can, too much effort for a couple of 12s but it's not like it can't work. I was just wondering what was not going well with the subs up / port back box I assume you had?
hyboost09 Posted December 5, 2013 Author Report Posted December 5, 2013 This is a new build and I'm just trying to get advice to do it once. I never thought about a box firing up with the port facing the rear.
Joe X Posted December 5, 2013 Report Posted December 5, 2013 Subs up / port back is very common and usually very successful way to setup a box in your type of vehicle and you don't loose your rear view like with a wall.
fecupe2001 Posted December 5, 2013 Report Posted December 5, 2013 for spl yes it plays an important role, for daily, not at all if you ask me, the loudest 3 10s i´ve built was in my suzuki swift, box was wedge type, did hairtricks with 1200 clamped watts and still burped over 148 at 43 hz I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.