any nuclear physicists in here by chance?

I still don't understand why your comp sci program didn't require a calculus based physics sequence. IMHO it would've been considerably easier and more fulfilling than trying to regurgitate equations. You would just have to memorize a few formulas and derive the rest.

I didn't actually have to take physics even... I just had to take 2 semesters of some kinda science and I picked science but I haven't taken calc in like 4 years and I failed second semester calc so I didn't feel like tryina rely on my already sketchy memory to be able to handle calc related stuff

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

^ I would also like to add.

Here is the old saying, "Slow and steady wins the race."

I challenge the physics of that statement. What if you are racing a turtle? Do you tie?

Turtle vs Turtle?

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

I challenge the physics of that statement. What if you are racing a turtle? Do you tie?

Turtle vs Turtle?

I'll try and give it to you this way; nothing can beat the speed of light (at least not right now, I can't say for sure in the future, as 11 billion years is quite a bit of time for physics concepts to change or new things to be discovered as we know them)

Anyway:

-Light is not slow and steady. It's fast and wavy AF.

-It still wins every race, ever, so far.

-That quote is now a sham.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

from everything I've been learning it doesn't sound like it will ever be possible for anything to beat light... cuz the speed of light seems relative to whatever is seeing it... so like if you're standing still and you see a light shining at you no matter how fast the source of the light is the speed of the light is 2.99792458e8 m/s to you. but if you're on a train that's going super crazy fast and you see a light in that train no matter how fast you're going the light that you see is still going the same 2.99792458e8 m/s in relation to you... so even if we could build something that could go 3e8 m/s or more the speed of light in relation to us would still just be the same 2.99792458e8 m/s...

I guess going by that we could beat light back to earth in a race theoretically but it would still keep up with us by our own account... in which case things start getting really fuckin confusing lol

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

My Build Log

from everything I've been learning it doesn't sound like it will ever be possible for anything to beat light... cuz the speed of light seems relative to whatever is seeing it... so like if you're standing still and you see a light shining at you no matter how fast the source of the light is the speed of the light is 2.99792458e8 m/s to you. but if you're on a train that's going super crazy fast and you see a light in that train no matter how fast you're going the light that you see is still going the same 2.99792458e8 m/s in relation to you... so even if we could build something that could go 3e8 m/s or more the speed of light in relation to us would still just be the same 2.99792458e8 m/s...

I guess going by that we could beat light back to earth in a race theoretically but it would still keep up with us by our own account... in which case things start getting really fuckin confusing lol

*cough**cough* theory of relativity? And you make a valid point. Unless you were traveling in the same direction as a single light source and you were able to go faster than the speed of light you could never outrun the light

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Turtle vs Turtle?

I'll try and give it to you this way; nothing can beat the speed of light (at least not right now, I can't say for sure in the future, as 11 billion years is quite a bit of time for physics concepts to change or new things to be discovered as we know them)

Anyway:

-Light is not slow and steady. It's fast and wavy AF.

-It still wins every race, ever, so far.

-That quote is now a sham.

It would be more correct to say that nothing can exceed the speed of light, but there is a chance that an object may be able to reach a certain point more quickly than a lightwave. The reason nothing can exceed the speed of light is that an object would require an inifinite amount of energy to do so, not to mention that you would be lorentz boosted into negative time and dimension! Then you get into all sorts of funky metaphysics and paradoxes....granted that is assuming our current models our close to correct...which I would like to think they are if only a little incomplete.

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

Goldeneye the turtle with the most kinetic energy in the component direction of the finish line would win. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhlc7peGlGg Completely irrelevant probalistic problem, but annoys the crap out of me

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

*cough**cough* theory of relativity? And you make a valid point. Unless you were traveling in the same direction as a single light source and you were able to go faster than the speed of light you could never outrun the light

It would be more correct to say that nothing can exceed the speed of light, but there is a chance that an object may be able to reach a certain point more quickly than a lightwave. The reason nothing can exceed the speed of light is that an object would require an inifinite amount of energy to do so, not to mention that you would be lorentz boosted into negative time and dimension! Then you get into all sorts of funky metaphysics and paradoxes....granted that is assuming our current models our close to correct...which I would like to think they are if only a little incomplete.

Lol, I refer back to my first post, where I am exactly on point with you guys. But, I was so out of it last night I typed it wrong when I meant to say 1-100 trillion years is quite a long time, yo. We don't even know what a singularity truly is lol. What if MTAW being limited to so much of the observable universe when it graphed that later on the universe turns out to not be flat? All those kinds of questions, just make you wonder, can we ever truly be 100% sure about it all? But either way; know that for now I'm still in agreement with you guys.

This is what I said before:

It makes high school physics quite boring because god forbid, one person in the class understands entropy and astronomical phenomenons well enough to converse about it, but it would leave all the other kids out so we can't discuss it........................... if you were to tell people that we know time dilation was an observable occurrence because we know time is essentially "linear" because time is a parametric variable, and the 4th that spans the space described by the Minkowski metric, they would not have a clue as to what was being said most likely. And then you explain simply that if time did not exist, the speed of light would be a meaningless concept, and it would be impossible to explain the observed natural phenomena predicted by special and general relativity.

Buuuttttt no, you say that anytime before the last day of school, and you will never get those kids to stop asking questions about "time travel"...............

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Archived